Ranchi's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Raj Residency II Review & Booking!
Ranchi's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Raj Residency II - It's More Than Just a Hotel, Folks (Brace Yourselves!)
Okay, so you're in Ranchi? Awesome! Planning a trip? Even more awesome! Now, let's talk hotels because, let's be honest, finding a decent place to crash can be a total drag. And that's where FabHotel Raj Residency II comes in. Now, before you roll your eyes and think "another generic hotel review," hear me out. This place… well, it's got some quirks, some serious perks, and enough "almost perfect" to keep you on your toes. Buckle up, because this is gonna be a bumpy, honest ride.
(The Initial Impression - or, the "Did I Park in the Right Spot?" Moment)
First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for anyone with mobility issues. I'm happy to report they've got an elevator, which is a total lifesaver after a long day of exploring. The corridors were wide enough for wheelchairs and I saw ramps in some areas. Though I'm no expert, it seemed pretty decent. Now, the car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] were a bit of a squeeze (that's me being polite). But hey, free parking is free parking, and that’s always a win. The exterior corridor was well-lit, and I felt safe enough. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property definitely contribute to that feeling of security.
Booking and the First Steps Inside
Check-in/out [express] option is a blessing if you're in a hurry, and as a person who is always in a hurry it was amazing. They also had Contactless check-in/out, another massive win. The front desk [24-hour] is a must and they had it. Doorman service and Valet parking are available.
My Room - The Good, the Bad, and the "Where’s the Remote?"
Okay, let’s get real. The room itself? Pretty darn good overall. The Non-smoking rooms and Soundproof rooms were a massive plus for a light sleeper like me. The Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area worked like a charm, crucial in Ranchi's heat. The Blackout curtains were a lifesaver, the desk was functional. They had Free bottled water (always a plus!), and the complimentary tea and coffee maker – essential for my caffeine fix. They also had the basic stuff - Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Carpeting, Closet, Desk, Extra long bed, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Now, the Wi-Fi [free][Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was, at times, a bit… temperamental. Let's call it "Ranchi-speed internet." It worked, mostly, but don't expect to stream HD movies without a few buffering breaks. This is a minor drawback for me, but it's worth knowing if you need a super-reliable connection.
Cleanliness and Safety: The "Is This Place Actually Clean?" Test
This is where FabHotel Raj Residency II really shines. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays – these are things that genuinely made me feel safe during these crazy times. I even caught a glimpse of the Professional-grade sanitizing services being used and that’s reassuring. The hotel seems to take Hygiene certification seriously. Staff trained in safety protocol. They also have Hand sanitizer. The Room sanitization opt-out available but why even opt-out with all the effort they put in? Excellent!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure
Okay, food! The Restaurants are decent, nothing mind-blowing, but solid. They offer a Breakfast [buffet], Coffee/tea in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, although the options weren't always super diverse. Breakfast service, Asian breakfast and Western breakfast are a nice touch. Room service exists, I can attest to the fact that I woke up at 3 A.M. the first day and ordered some food, that was a life saver. I'm not sure about Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, but I did manage to fill my belly.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
This is where FabHotel Raj Residency II tries to be a full experience. They offer Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in that area, but it's nice to know they're there.
Things to Do / Ways to Relax: The "Whoa, This is Unexpected" Factor
This is where FabHotel Raj Residency II surprised me. The Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor] were all available. They also had Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. Now, I’m not a spa guy, but knowing those options are there is pretty cool.
For the Kids and More
I didn't have kids with me, but the fact that they have Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, is a huge plus for families.
The Quirks (Because Nothing's Perfect)
Okay, time for the real talk. While the staff were generally friendly and helpful, there were a few moments where communication felt a little off. Not a deal-breaker, but I had to repeat myself a couple of times. Also, the signage could be a bit clearer – I got lost trying to find the gym. Twice.
(My Verdict and a Quirky Anecdote)
Look, FabHotel Raj Residency II isn't a five-star luxury palace. BUT, it's a solid, clean, and comfortable place to stay in Ranchi. I mean, the price is right, the cleanliness is top-notch, and it had everything I needed. My favorite part? The impromptu karaoke night in the lobby! Well, it felt impromptu, as the staff belted out Bollywood tunes, which made for a very memorable experience. So, if you’re looking for a reliable, safe, and surprisingly fun hotel, FabHotel Raj Residency II is worth checking out.
Now, the Sales Pitch (Because Why Not?)
Tired of bland hotels? Craving an adventure? FabHotel Raj Residency II in Ranchi is calling your name!
Here’s why you should book NOW:
- Clean, Clean, Clean! We're talking top-notch hygiene and safety, so you can relax and enjoy your trip.
- Comfortable Rooms: Air conditioning, blackout curtains, and free Wi-Fi… everything you need for a good night's sleep (and a bit of work, if you must).
- Surprisingly Fun: From the friendly staff to the unexpected karaoke, we offer a memorable experience.
- Great Value: Get all of this without breaking the bank!
- Accessibility: Easy access for people with mobility issues.
- Pool with view: Relax in the sun.
- Gym/fitness: Work out in the gym.
Ready to book your Ranchi adventure?
Click here to book FabHotel Raj Residency II now!
Don't wait - rooms are filling up fast!
P.S. - Seriously, pack your earplugs. You never know when a spontaneous karaoke session might break out! 😂 😉
Amelie Villa Pauri: Your Unforgettable Himalayan Escape Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sterile, perfectly-edited travelogue. This is reality, Ranchi-style. Prepare for a bumpy ride… in more ways than one. My base of operations: FabHotel Raj Residency II. Let's see what kind of delightful chaos this Indian adventure throws my way.
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and… a Seriously Questionable Taxi
6:00 AM (ish) - Wake Up / Airport Shuffle: Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Woke up in Delhi feeling like a dehydrated prune. The flight to Ranchi was supposed to be smooth… it wasn't. Ended up a frantic dash, fueled by cheap coffee and the sheer terror of missing my connection. Note to self: Invest in a decent travel pillow, and maybe a therapist.
9:00 AM (ish) - Touchdown in Ranchi! Okay, the Ranchi airport isn't exactly JFK. It's functional, let’s say. The air… well, let’s just say it's present. The moment I stepped out the airport, the humidity slapped me in the face. I feel like I’ve walked through a gigantic bowl of soup.
9:30 AM - Taxi Troubles (and a Prayer): Okay, the airport taxi… I'm convinced the driver personally invented the term "road less traveled". The car groaned, the engine sputtered, and every pothole felt like a personal vendetta. I swear, at one point, we were airborne. The drive to FabHotel Raj Residency II was a masterclass in "close your eyes and pray." The hotel itself looked like an oasis when I reached.
10:30 AM - Check-In (and a SIGH of relief): The hotel lobby was a bit… compact. The staff was friendly enough, but you could tell they’d seen a few rum-soaked travelers roll in. The room itself? Clean-ish, which at this point in the day was all I asked for. The air conditioning kicked in, saving my sanity.
11:00 AM - Exploring the Hotel Perimeter: Okay, the hotel is a bit… basic. Like, "Budget Travel Meets Slightly Dilapidated Glamour" basic. But, hey, the Wi-Fi works (mostly), and there’s a small restaurant. So, not all bad. Walked around the block, got stared at a lot. Apparently, I’m a walking anomaly here.
1:00 PM - Lunch at Hotel restaurant: Ordered the butter chicken. It was… edible. Let’s leave it at that. Tried to eat some of the chili peppers on the side and they nearly set my mouth on fire. I swear, Indians are born with fire-resistant taste buds.
2:00 PM - Rest and Recovery: Jet lag finally hit me. I passed out for two hours. Woke up disoriented, slightly sticky, and wondering if I’d dreamt the whole taxi experience.
4:00 PM - Trying to Find the Local Market (and Failing): Tried to walk to the "local market" that the receptionist recommended. Got delightfully lost after the guide told me go straight, and then turned around when I was supposed to go left. Ended up in a bustling street full of auto-rickshaws, fruit vendors, and enough noise to make my ears bleed. Gave up, retreating back to the hotel feeling defeated.
7:00 PM - Dinner: Decided to take advantage of the room service. Ordered something that looked vaguely familiar on the menu. It arrived swimming in oil. Ate it anyway. (Survival, people!)
9:00 PM - Collapse: Exhausted, slightly greasy, but alive! The things you do for adventure.
Day 2: Waterfalls, Spiritual Awakenings (Maybe), and More Questionable Food
7:00 AM - Wake Up (Reluctantly): Ah, the joys of a new day. My body still thinks it's in Delhi. Had a truly awful coffee from the hotel (avoid it at all costs, trust me).
8:00 AM - Planning the Day: Today is "Waterfall Day." Supposed to be seeing the famous Hundru Falls, and maybe a temple or two. The guidebook promised "breathtaking views." I'm bracing myself for something slightly less.
9:00 AM - The Drive to Hundru Falls (Part 2 of the Taxi Saga): Remember that questionable taxi? Well, he’s back. I have a feeling the next few hours will involve more white-knuckled gripping of the seat. Pray for me!
10:30 AM - Hundru Falls (More like, "Hundru Falls and the Crowd That Swarms It"): Okay, the falls ARE impressive! The water is rushing, the mist is cool, and the view is genuinely breathtaking if you can manage to ignore the hordes of selfie-stick-wielding tourists. The air is thick with the smell of diesel and something vaguely floral. I’m trying to find a quiet spot to just be… but it’s challenging.
11:30 AM - The Descent (and the near-death experience, part 2): The path down to the base of the falls involves precarious stairs carved into the rock face. Let me tell you, my knees were screaming. Nearly slipped and tumbled into the (admittedly beautiful) icy water. Note to self: Buy sturdier walking shoes.
1:00 PM - Local Lunch (and a stomach ache brewing): Found a little roadside shack for lunch. "Authentic Indian cuisine," the sign promised. It was… something. Spicy, oily, and the texture of I-don't-even-know-what. The stomach is sending me signals of unrest.
2:30 PM - Temple Visit: Attempted to visit a local temple. The noise, the incense smoke, the sheer number of people… it was a sensory overload. I tried to appreciate the spirituality, but my stomach was now actively rebelling and I was pretty sure I was going to faint. Ended up leaving after 15 minutes, feeling a bit like a cultural philistine.
4:00 PM - Back to the Hotel (and a desperate search for the bathroom): Made it back to the hotel in time to spend the next hour in the bathroom. Let's just say the lunch wasn’t agreeing with me.
6:00 PM - Late-Afternoon Stroll (Attempted): Tried to go for a walk, but my stomach was rumbling so loud I was sure the entire hotel could hear. Gave up and went back to the room to drink some Pepto Bismol.
7:00 PM - Forced Dinner: Ordered plain rice and a bowl of yogurt. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
8:00 PM - Reflecting (and Wishing I'd Brought More Imodium): India. It hits you hard, doesn’t it? The beauty, the chaos, the food… It’s all a bit much. But, despite the stomach troubles and the dodgy taxis, I’m strangely exhilarated. There's something about this place that gets under your skin.
10:00 PM - Sleep. Maybe. (If I can find a comfortable position.)
Day 3: Departure and the (Maybe) Good Memories
7:00 AM - Wake Up (Feeling, Surprisingly, Better!): The yogurt must have worked its magic.
8:00 AM - Last Breakfast at the Hotel: Coffee still awful, but the toast was okay. I'm surviving!
9:00 AM - Final Exploration (Cautiously): Took a short walk around the hotel, just to get a final glimpse of the local life. Watched a street vendor making tea, the vibrant colors are everywhere.
10:00 AM - Check Out (and Goodbye to the Hotel): The hotel staff was a bit… confused when I checked out early. But they were friendly, so all is well.
11:00 AM - The Taxi Rides Back: Pray for me…again.
12:00 PM - Departure: Boarding the plane. The memory of Ranchi is still fresh, messy, exciting. I will never forget this trip, even when I'm trying to forget all the stomach issues.
Final Thoughts:
FabHotel Raj Residency II wasn't perfect. But, it was… functional. It was a starting point. It was the base camp for an adventure. Ranchi was… well, Ranchi. Chaotic. Beautiful. Challenging. And utterly, undeniably, unforgettable. I'd go back. I'd pack more Immodium next time, though. And maybe a better travel pillow. And possibly a personal chef. Until then, good riddance, Ranchi. I'll be back!
Escape to Paradise: Weligama Bay Resort, Mirissa, Sri Lanka
FabHotel Raj Residency II, Ranchi: Your Unfiltered FAQ Guide (Because Let's Be Real)
Okay, spill the tea! Should I *actually* book FabHotel Raj Residency II? The reviews are all over the place!
Alright, alright, settle down. Look, the hotel game is a gamble, right? Like, you're hoping for a royal flush but sometimes you get… a pair of twos. FabHotel Raj Residency II? It’s *probably* not going to blow your mind, but it's not going to completely ruin your Ranchi trip either. Think of it as a solid… maybe 3.5 stars, depending on your expectations. I went in with low expectations (because, frankly, Ranchi isn't known for luxury). And actually... I found it... well, it wasn't *terrible*. But yeah, the reviews are a mixed bag because, well, welcome to life.
The Real Scoop: If you're on a budget and just need a clean place to crash for a night or two, it's honestly *fine*. If you're expecting the Ritz? Keep dreaming, friend. You're in Ranchi. Embrace the reality.
What's the deal with the location? Is it convenient for… you know, *stuff*?
Okay, location. This is where things get a little… *meh*. It's not slap-bang in the city center, which, depending on your vibe, could be a total *blessing* or a mild annoyance. I found myself relying on auto-rickshaws more than I’d like. They’re plentiful, sure, but haggling gets old, QUICK.
Anecdote Time: One afternoon, I was trying to find a decent chai near the hotel (essential, right?). Ended up wandering around a bit… *lost*. Finally, a sweet old lady pointed me towards a hole-in-the-wall that served the *best* masala chai I've ever had, just a bit away from the hotel. So, yes, it's a bit further out, but hey, adventure! You might find your own hidden gem!
The Verdict: Not *ideal* if you're a hardcore city-slicker, but totally manageable. Just factor in travel time. And maybe learn some basic Hindi phrases – always helps!
Let's talk rooms. Are they *actually* clean? Because I'm a germaphobe.
Alright, germaphobes, listen up. This is arguably the most important bit. When I checked in, the room looked *okay*. Clean enough, I guess? I definitely did a quick scan of the bathroom (the horror stories you hear!), and it *passed*. No visible mold, which is a win. Clean sheets seemed to be in place.
The Imperfection: Look... it's not *pristine*. You might see a stray hair or two. This ain't a five-star resort. But I didn't feel like I needed to shower with bleach after touching anything. Which, for a budget place, is fine by me.
The Overall: Rooms are *relatively* clean. Pack some disinfectant wipes if you're paranoid, just in case. Seriously, pack them. Just... to be safe.
What about the amenities? Anything worth getting excited about? Or am I doomed to boredom?
Haha, "excited" might be a strong word. They offer the basics. Free Wi-Fi (blessedly, it *mostly* worked). AC, which is a lifesaver in Ranchi (especially during the summer). And…that’s about it. Don't expect a pool, a gym, or any fancy spa treatments.
Quirky Observation: Their TV had so many channels, but finding something I actually wanted to watch was like trying to find a decent coffee shop at 3 AM in Ranchi. Nearly impossible. I basically fell asleep watching some obscure Bollywood channel.
The bottom line: Manage your expectations. It’s a place to sleep, shower, connect to the internet, and that’s it. If you're looking for more, look elsewhere.
What's the food situation like? Breakfast included? And, more importantly, *is it any good*?
Breakfast is *usually* included, I believe. Check the fine print on your booking. Don’t worry. Again, don't expect anything gourmet. Think basic, continental fair: toast, eggs (maybe), some kind of… questionable fruit. And, of course, that glorious Indian breakfast staples.
Emotional Reaction: Okay, honesty time: the breakfast buffet wasn’t my *favorite* experience. Some items were barely edible. The coffee tasted like dishwater (but hey, it perked me up, so I didn’t complain). On the bright side, the *puri bhaji* was decent enough to almost justify waking up.
The Verdict: Eat at your own risk, honestly. I went out to street stalls for breakfast on the second day. And after that, I didn't even bother with their breakfast.
How's the service? Are the staff helpful and friendly?
This is where things get… *variable*. Some staff members are absolutely lovely! Super helpful, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile. Others… well, maybe not so much. Kind of depends on who you get.
Messy Structure Anecdote: One morning, I asked for an extra towel, it took *ages*. I had to call a couple of times, and then finally went to the reception myself. But, in their defense, they were short-staffed that day. So, yeah, your mileage may vary. Honestly, they are busy as hell, you have to be patient.
The Overall: The staff genuinely try their best, but they're not miracle workers. Be patient. A smile and a little politeness go a *long* way.
Alright, let's get specific. What's the *absolute worst* and *absolute best* thing about FabHotel Raj Residency II?
Okay, okay. The worst? Probably the inconsistent breakfast situation. The noise levels can also be a problem, depending on your room. The nearby traffic isn't ideal if you're a light sleeper. And, of course, the occasional service hiccups. I mean, come on. It can be a mess.
Doubling Down on a Single Experience: One night, the AC unit in my room started sputtering and coughing like an old chain smoker. I called reception, who sent someone up… who fiddled with it for five minutes and then basically shrugged. I had to survive the rest of the night under a blanket. Ugh. That was just... ugh.
The best? Honestly, for the price, it was a decent base. TheSnooze And Stay

