Escape to Paradise: Arkadia Beach Resort's Unbeatable Palawan Getaway
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a whirlwind tour of Escape to Paradise: Arkadia Beach Resort in Palawan, the kind of review that's less "sterile corporate brochure" and more "drunken confession whispered at 3 AM." Get ready for honesty, unfiltered opinion, and maybe a little drool.
SEO ALERT: Keyword overload incoming! This is all about Palawan resorts, beach getaways, Philippines, luxury resorts, accessible resorts, family-friendly resorts, spa resorts, Palawan vacation, El Nido hotels, Coron resorts (because people always search for both!), etc. You get the idea. Let's go!
First Impressions & Getting There: Did I Survive the Journey? (Accessibility & Convenience)
Okay, so getting to paradise isn't always, well, paradisiacal. Palawan, in general, is a bit of a journey. Flights, transfers… but Arkadia, at least, mostly gets points for trying. Airport transfer? Check. Free parking? Double-check. They've even got a car power charging station – hello, future!
Now, I'm not wheelchair-bound, but I'm always looking for accessibility, because, hey, life happens! The resort seems to make an effort, listed as having “Facilities for disabled guests” and an elevator – essential for a multi-story situation! But I have to be honest, I didn't extensively check for every single ramp or detail. I’m a traveler who looks for ease, and on that front, they seem to be doing alright. My advice? If accessibility is crucial for you… don't just take my word for it. Call them! Verify details directly.
The Rooms: My Own Little Palace (or at least a Small Apartment)
Oh, the rooms! They're good. They're designed with comfort and relaxation in mind. Let's go through the list of things you get. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (thank GOD, it’s the Philippines!), Alarm clock (because that beach life is gonna make you sleep in), Bathrobes (fancy!), Bathroom phone (in case you need to call room service from the tub, which, let's be real, I did), Bathtub (YES!), Blackout curtains (thank the heavens!), Carpeting (a bit of a luxury!), Closet (for all my fabulous beachwear), Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Complimentary tea (again, essential!), Daily housekeeping (they're REALLY on top of it), Desk (for… the occasional email?), Extra long bed (so you can stretch out after a day of sun!), Free bottled water (hydration is key!), Hair dryer (praise be!), High floor (with a view!), In-room safe box (for your valuables), Interconnecting room(s) available (for family reunions!), Internet access – LAN (for workaholics), Internet access – wireless (Wi-Fi, finally!), Ironing facilities (wrinkle-free vacation selfies!), Laptop workspace (they assume you might need to look important), Linens, Mini bar (hello, midnight snacks!), Mirror, Non-smoking (good!), On-demand movies (cozy nights!), Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (eek!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed (charge your phone!), Sofa (for lounging!), Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm (for the hearing impaired), Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
That's… a lot. Suffice it to say, they've thought of everything. The bathrobes were a highlight, let me tell you!
Cleanliness & Safety: Did I Catch Anything Besides a Tan?
This is where Arkadia really scores. They list every single COVID precaution imaginable. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection," "Hand sanitizer," "Hygiene certification," "Individually-wrapped food," "Physical distancing," "Professional-grade sanitizing," "Rooms sanitized between stays," "Safe dining setup," "Sanitized kitchen," "Staff trained in safety protocol." Honestly, I was more worried about my tan lines than catching anything nasty. The staff wears masks and are super cautious – it's both reassuring and a little… weird. But hey, I want to be safe. They were also very good about my request for no service during my stay.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: My Belly's Happy Place
Here's the fun part! Dining! Get ready.
- Restaurants: Plural! That's a good start.
- Cuisine: Asian, International, Western. Something for everyone.
- Atmosphere: Coffee shop for a quick caffeine fix, pool-side bar for cocktails.
- Breakfast: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and a Buffet (the ultimate sin).
- Other Amenities: A la carte, Bottle of Water provided (awesome), Coffee/Tea in Restaurant, Desserts (yes!), Happy Hour (mandatory), Poolside Bar, Room Service (24-hour!), Salad, Snack Bar, Soup, and a Vegetarian Restaurant. (I did not see a “vegan restaurant” per se, but it’s Palawan, you will find it!).
I had the buffet. Okay, I lived at the buffet. The food was good – fresh, varied, and the selection was enough to satisfy even my capricious cravings. The pool-side bar was a MUST for those breathtaking sunsets and a cheeky cocktail or two. I did try the room service– I wanted a late night snack, but it was a bit slow, if I'm honest. I was getting hangry. But overall? Delicious. The restaurants are a win!
Things to Do: From Sunbathing to Spa-ing (and Everything in Between)
Alright, so, what to do at this place.
- The Spa: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom… Okay, I spent a lot of time here. Seriously. The massage was heavenly (go for the deep tissue!), and the steam room was a perfect way to sweat out all those buffet indulgences.
- The Pools: One with a view, and a "swimming pool [outdoor]" (duh!).
- The Fitness Center: Gym/fitness center. I promise I went… once. (Okay, maybe twice).
- Relax-centric: They are all about encouraging you to relax, not just a pool, but pool with a view, that is a big difference.
- Other diversions: Swimming, sunbathing, or simply doing nothing but breathing.
- For the Kids: Kids facilities, Babysitting service, and Kids meal are available.
Services & Conveniences: Perks galore!
This list is long. Business facilities, cash withdrawal, concierge service, contactless check-in/out, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, gift/souvenir shop (gotta buy those tacky souvenirs!), indoor/outdoor venues for events, laundry and ironing service, luggage storage, meetings/banquets, outdoor venue for special events, safe deposit boxes, seminars, shrine, smoking area, terrace, Xerox/fax in business center. The list goes on!
The Downside (Because Nothing's Perfect, Right?)
There were a few very minor things I was not keen on. Internet can be sketchy sometimes – Wi-Fi did cut out sometimes, especially during peak use hours. It is island life. You are there to escape.
My Unfiltered Verdict
Escape to Paradise: Arkadia Beach Resort is a seriously solid choice for a Palawan getaway. It's got comfort, convenience, and chill vibes. Not perfect (show me a perfect resort!), but it definitely delivers on the paradise promise – especially when it comes to relaxation, service (seriously, the staff is AMAZING!), and those epic sunsets.
Final Thought Arkadia is the perfect spot for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or even a solo trip to recharge your batteries. Is it worth the price? Absolutely! If you’re looking for a luxurious, relaxing, and memorable stay in the Philippines, this is IT.
NOW, here's the hook for your target audience:
Escape to Paradise: Arkadia Beach Resort – Unleash Your Inner Beach Bum!
Tired of the same old routine? Craving sun, sand, and serious relaxation? Escape to Paradise: Arkadia Beach Resort in Palawan is calling your name!
Imagine: Waking up in a luxurious, air-conditioned room with a breathtaking ocean view. Indulging in a spa treatment that melts away all your stress. Savoring delicious meals at the resort’s many restaurants, from fresh seafood to international cuisine. Floating in a sparkling pool, cocktail in hand, as the sun dips below the horizon. Or lounging in the sun!
Here's why you NEED to book your Palawan getaway NOW:
- Unbeatable Location: Nestled on a stunning beach, Arkadia offers easy access to Palawan's natural wonders.
- Luxurious Comfort: Impeccable rooms, world-class amenities, and exceptional service!
- Stress-Free Experience: From airport transfers to all your dining needs, Arkadia has you covered.

Okay, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your sanitised, highlight-reel itinerary. This is my Arkadia Beach Resort survival guide, Palawan style. Prepare for a rollercoaster, because honestly, that's what travel is, right?
My Arkadia Beach Resort: Chaos, Calamari, and a Tiny Lizard Named Kevin
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Beach Bumming Debacle
- 11:00 AM (ish): Arrive in Puerto Princesa. The airport? Let's just say "rustic charm" is being generous. Humidity hits you like a wet blanket. I'd forgotten how much I hate humidity. Taxi ride to Arkadia. Driver was blasting some questionable karaoke – I swear, at one point he was attempting a Celine Dion high note. My eardrums may never recover.
- 12:30 PM: Check-in. Okay, the resort looks amazing. That's what caught my eye. Bungalow with a balcony, direct beach access? Yes, please! My initial reaction? Utter and complete relief. This is it, the escape! And then…
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. The menu promised "crispy calamari." What arrived was… chewy. Like, rubber-band chewy. I’m still processing the disappointment. Sent it back (politely! I'm trying to be a decent human being). While waiting, a tiny, ridiculously cute lizard, who I've christened Kevin, sauntered past. He's now my emotional support reptile.
- 2:00 PM: Beach time! Finally! Snagged a sun lounger, slathered on the SPF (important!), and prepared for peak relaxation. But… the wind. Oh, the wind. It was whipping the sand into a miniature sandstorm. My eyes were screaming, my book was a flailing mess, and my attempt at a graceful beach pose? Forget about it. I looked more like a beached whale than a glamorous sunbather. I retreated indoors, defeated.
- 4:00 PM: Nap time. Needed to recalibrate after the sand-blasting. Woke up to a minor panic attack. My brain thought I was an ant walking in a giant sand dune.
- 6:00 PM: Sunset drinks at the beach bar. Now this was more like it. The sunset was genuinely breathtaking. The cocktails were strong. And for a brief, shining moment, I felt vaguely human again. Kevin even made an appearance, perched on a nearby palm. He's a keeper.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. Calamari Round Two. Nope. Stick to the Sinigang, the Filipino sour soup. Much better! Made a friend with a couple from England. They are hilarious, talking about the chaos of their lives.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Collapsed.
Day 2: Island Hopping, and My Ongoing Battle with Sea Sickness
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Included some fruit. It helped me to regain my health.
- 9:00 AM: Island hopping tour! Excitement levels: high! Reality check: the boat was…well, let's just say it wasn't exactly a luxury yacht.
- 10:00 AM: First island. Snorkeling! The water was crystal clear, and the coral was stunning. I saw a fish that looked like it was wearing a tiny tuxedo. Amazing! But then….the boat. Oh, the boat.
- 11:00 AM: Sea sickness hit. Hard. Spent the next hour clinging to the side of the boat, praying to the porcelain gods. Vowed never to eat calamari again. Or possibly ever go on a boat ever again. Kevin, I miss you!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch on a deserted beach. Grilled fish, rice, and more of that Sinigang. Lovely (once the sea sickness subsided). The sand? Still giving me flashbacks to yesterday.
- 2:00 PM: Second island. Recovering (barely). Explored the island, even managed a few shaky photos. One of them, featuring a particularly grumpy-looking crab, will be my masterpiece.
- 4:00 PM: Back to Arkadia. Shower. Need a shower. And a therapist.
- 5:00 PM: Hammock time. Attempt to re-embrace the relaxation vibe. It's a struggle, but I'm trying. The sound of the waves, the wind, the sun… it's beautiful. I'm making a valiant, messy attempt to feel it, not overthink it.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. More Filipino goodness. And a desperate plea to the kitchen: "No calamari, please!"
- 9:00 PM: Stargazing. The sky here is incredible. So many stars! I'm going to try to actually sleep. Maybe.
Day 3: Kayaking, and the Quest for Inner Peace (and a Decent Cup of Coffee)
- 7:00 AM: Woke up feeling…surprisingly okay! A small victory!
- 7:30 AM: Walk along the beach. The wind? Less vicious today. The sand? Still there, but slightly less aggressive. This is progress! Kevin should feel proud!
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast followed by coffee. Okay, coffee is really bad and I’m starting to lose hope in life.
- 9:00 AM: Kayaking! Hired a kayak. Paddling was harder than I remember, but the scenery was beautiful. I even saw a sea turtle! Best. Moment. Ever.
- 11:00 AM: Back to the resort. Sunbathing and maybe, just maybe, write a postcard.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Had chicken. This is a good sign.
- 1:00 PM: Pool time. The pool water is perfect, the sun is warm, and I feel like I'm finally starting to unwind. Actually, this is heaven.
- 3:00 PM: Get a massage. All that island hopping and kayaking took a toll. The massage was amazing.
- 5:00 PM: Happy Hour.
- 7:00 PM: More Sinigang! I am becoming an expert in this soup.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Sleep. Finally.
Day 4: Departure and the Longing for the Ordinary
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Okay, the coffee is still terrible, but I'm managing.
- 9:00 AM: Last swim in the pool. My skin is now officially the color of a ripe mango.
- 10:00 AM: Pack. The never-ending process of putting everything back in my luggage.
- 11:00 AM: Check out. Say goodbye to Kevin. Sad.
- 12:00 PM: Airport! Waiting for my flight. Reflecting. This trip was a rollercoaster, with moments of pure bliss, moments of utter frustration, and a whole lot of calamari-related trauma. I'm exhausted, I'm sunburned, and I'm pretty sure my hair will never be the same.
- 1:00 PM: Flight!
- 2:00 PM: Going home, looking forward to a long bath, my own bed, and maybe…just maybe…a decent cup of coffee. And already, secretly, planning my return to Palawan. This place, even at its most chaotic, got under my skin.
So, yeah. That's my Arkadia experience. Messy, imperfect, and absolutely unforgettable. And I'm pretty sure Kevin will always be in my heart. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe a therapy session. And definitely not calamari. Ever. Again.
KC STUDIO 7: Cebu's Horizon 101 Paradise Awaits!
Okay, spill it! Is Arkadia Beach Resort *really* as perfect as those Instagram influencers make it out to be? (Because frankly, I'm skeptical.)
So, is the food at Arkadia resort a paradise of its own? Give it to me straight, is it worth the hype?
What kind of activities do they even *have* at Arkadia? Will I be bored? (Because let's be honest, I bore easily.)
Let's talk about the rooms. Are they actually nice? (Because I've stayed in hotels that looked like they were furnished by a thrift store.)
How's the service there, really? Because sometimes "paradise" comes with a side of terrible attitude.
Okay, the practical stuff, like, how do I even *get* to this place? Is it a nightmare? (Because I'm not about to brave a twelve-hour bus ride.)
Is the beach actually swimmable? I've been to places where the water's all murky and full of seaweed.

