Srinagar's Gem: Unforgettable Stay at Four Points by Sheraton
Srinagar's Secret Weapon: My Unfiltered Take on Four Points by Sheraton (And Why You NEED to Go!)
Alright, travel junkies, let's get real. Srinagar. The name itself whispers of romance, of snow-capped peaks and shimmering lakes. But finding the right hotel to make that dream a reality? That's where the stress levels can skyrocket faster than a Kashmiri chai in January. Lucky for you, I've done the legwork (and the lounging, and the eating… oh, the eating!). I'm talking about the Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar, and trust me, it's more than just a place to crash; it's a freaking experience.
(And yes, this IS a review loaded with SEO keywords, just in case the internet gods are listening: Srinagar hotels, Four Points Srinagar, luxury hotels Srinagar, accessible hotels Srinagar, best hotels in Srinagar, Kashmir hotels, family-friendly hotels Srinagar, spa hotels Srinagar, Srinagar accommodation)
First Impressions: Accessibility & Ease (Because Seriously, It Matters!)
Getting there was a breeze – the airport transfer was smooth as silk (and a welcome luxury after a long flight). Car park [free of charge]? Check. Valet parking? Another check. They clearly understand the importance of a stress-free arrival. This place is seriously catering to folks who want ease. They've got the Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests are clearly considered, and I didn't see any of those infuriatingly narrow hallways that make you want to scream (and then trip over your own feet). This is HUGE, y'all. Accessibility isn't just a box to tick; it's a vibe that the whole hotel feels. And there is a Front desk [24-hour] – which is just so darn helpful late at night after a long drive. (My inner clumsy person loves this!)
Rooms: Your Oasis (With Seriously Good Wi-Fi!)
Okay, let's talk about the room. Mine was a haven. Let's just say, after a day exploring Dal Lake, I needed a proper decompression zone. Air conditioning? Yup. Blackout curtains? Bless their cotton socks. Seriously, those things are a lifesaver for beating the Kashmiri sun. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and it actually worked! This is a HUGE deal for us digital nomads. I mean, I needed to post those Insta-worthy shots of the floating gardens, right? And to answer emails from the office (sigh, life, am I right?). It's a big deal. I love complimentary tea in the room; it's the little things that really make a difference. And, of course, Internet access – wireless. And Internet access – LAN! Gotta love options! A desk, ideal for working, a refrigerator to keep my juice chilled. Daily housekeeping, yeah, they actually cleaned the room very well every single day, I’m not gonna lie.
Cleanliness & Safety: My Inner Germaphobe Approves!
Look, it’s a post-pandemic world, and let's be honest – we're all a little extra aware of hygiene these days. Four Points totally gets it. They've got all the bases covered: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Hand sanitizer everywhere you look. The staff is clearly trained, and I felt genuinely safe and secure. They also have Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, Safety/security feature.
Dining: Food, Glorious Food! (And My Personal Mission to Eat Everything)
Okay, buckle up, foodies, because this is where Four Points really shines. We're talking serious options. First, let's address the elephant in the room, breakfast buffet. Yes, it's a buffet, but a good one. The Asian breakfast had me hooked, but the Western cuisine was a great way to start the day. The Breakfast [buffet] and Breakfast service are great. The coffee shop is a life-saver. There is also A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Restaurants, and Vegetarian restaurant. They've also got a Snack bar, Poolside bar, and a 24-hour Room service. Ah, the desserts in restaurant! What a delight. And the bottle of water is a thoughtful touch.
(Rambling Alert): One night, I decided to treat myself to room service. And that's when I found the most amazing salad I have ever had. Simple, fresh ingredients tossed together with a dressing that made my taste buds sing. What a delight. After a long day of travel, the ability to chill in my room and order food was a godsend.
Spa & Relaxation: My Happy Place
Okay, let's be honest: the real stress of travel is travel. So, the spa is a must. The Four Points experience is all about Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. I'm a big fan of the steam room – perfect for melting away those travel knots. They also have a Pool with view and a Gym/fitness. I didn’t go into the gym, but it looked good. The sauna was the real deal.
For The Little People (A.K.A. The Family-Friendly Factor)
I was there solo, but I saw families having an absolute blast. They have Kids meal, Babysitting service and are very Family/child friendly. It's a great choice if you're travelling with kids.
Services and Conveniences: Little Things That Make a Difference
They clearly think of everything! Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes. Even the doctor/nurse on call. Seriously impressive.
Things to Do & Getting Around
The hotel is well-placed for exploring the area. The Airport transfer, and Taxi service are very helpful. They even have a Car park [on-site] with Car power charging station. The front desk can point you in the right direction for tours and things to do.
The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Let's Be Real)
Okay, so it's not perfect. The TV remote was a bit dodgy once (minor detail, honestly). And, there was a tiny bit of construction noise one morning (but nothing that ruined my zen). Also, there's no Pets allowed, which is a bummer if you travel with a furry friend.
But these are seriously minor quibbles.
The Verdict: Run, Don't Walk, to Book This Hotel!
Look, Kashmir is magical. It's worth the trip. And Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar makes that trip even better. It's accessible, comfortable, clean, the food is amazing, the staff are fantastic, and it truly caters to your every need.
My Unfiltered Offer (Because, You Deserve It!):
Ready to Experience Srinagar in Style?
Book your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar right now and get:
- A complimentary upgrade to a room with a stunning view (subject to availability – but hey, it's worth a shot!).
- A 15% discount on any spa treatment of your choice (because you deserve some pampering!).
- Free airport transfer – because we know getting there is half the battle!
- Free breakfast – start your day the right way, with a full belly!
Click here to book your unforgettable escape: [Insert Booking Link Here - Replace with your actual link!]
Why Wait? Srinagar is calling, and Four Points by Sheraton is waiting to make your dream a reality. So, grab your bags, pack your sense of adventure, and get ready for a truly unforgettable stay!
Xi'an's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express High-Tech South Review!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause we're diving headfirst into my "Trip of a Lifetime" (ahem… potentially). Four Points by Sheraton Srinagar is the alleged epicenter of it all. Let’s see if it lives up to the hype, shall we? This is gonna be messy, folks. Fair warning.
Day 1: Arrival, Expectations, and the Dreaded Jet Lag
- 7:00 AM (Ish): Ugh. The alarm. Why do they even make alarms? I swear, my brain's still trying to figure out the time difference. Landed in Srinagar. Pretty! The Himalayas in the distance are… breathtaking. Okay, okay, I sound like a travel brochure. I'll try to be more "me." Which means grumpy and craving coffee.
- 7:30 AM: Found a driver. Negotiating the price felt like a hostage negotiation. Swear I'm getting ripped off, but the "Welcome to Kashmir!" smile he flashed was almost worth it. Almost.
- 8:30 AM: Arrived at Four Points. The hotel looks… nice. Clean. The lobby smells vaguely of… sandalwood? Or maybe that's just my overly sensitive nose. Check-in was smooth, which is a good sign after the airport chaos. Found my room. Decent view of… a very busy driveway. Ah well.
- 9:00 AM: Coffee. Needs caffeine. Desperately. The hotel cafe had a decent cappuccino. Savior. Wandered around the hotel a bit, trying to get my bearings. It's all pretty much what you'd expect: generic hotel art, polite staff, and the overwhelming feeling that I have a very long journey ahead of me.
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM: The Jet Lag Monster Attacks: My brain is fried. My stomach is rumbling. The sleep deprivation is starting to make me question my life choices. Napped. Woke up grumpy. Napped again. Ate some bland butter chicken from room service because I couldn't face the bustling Kashmiri market just outside.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the view of the busy driveway. Contemplated life. Contemplated order. Did I even want to see the world? YES! I do! This is good, right? Why am I so tired?
- 6:00 PM: Forced a shower. The water pressure was pathetic. Felt slightly cleaner, though.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. The hotel restaurant had a buffet. I hate buffets. But it was easy. Ate way too much. Regretting it already.
- 8:00 PM: Collapsed in bed. Journaling… trying to stay awake long enough to make a semi-coherent entry. Ugh, this is gonna be a long trip.
Day 2: Houseboats, Dal Lake, and the Reality of Tourism
- 8:00 AM: Woke up feeling… marginally less like roadkill. Coffee is a necessity, not a luxury.
- 9:00 AM: Finally made it down to the lake, Dal Lake! The pictures… are real. Breathtaking doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. The shikara boats are gorgeous, even if I feel like I'm in a Disney ride.
- 9:30 AM: Found a shikara. Haggling, round two! These guys are persistent. I eventually settled on a price for a tour. Okay, here we go!
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Cruising Dal Lake: The shikara ride was… magical. Floating past the houseboats, the colorful markets on the water, the snow-capped mountains… It was genuinely stunning. I even bought some saffron! The vendor was pushy as hell, but the saffron does smell divine. Bought some flowers. More pushy vendors! There are so many people. I feel bad for feeling jaded but it's a lot, ya know? Really feeling the tourist vibe.
- 1:00 PM: The reality of Kashmir Tourism sinks in. There are a LOT of people on the lake. A LOT. And the pressure to buy, buy, buy is unrelenting. It's exhausting, honestly. I'm starting to feel… guilty. Guilty that I'm a tourist. Guilty that I'm probably contributing to the problem.
- 2:00 PM: Lunch. Tried some local food at a restaurant recommended by the hotel. It was… okay. A bit bland. And the restaurant was filled with other tourists. See? Back to tourist guilt!
- 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel to recharge.
- 4:00 PM : The Houseboat thing – Okay, fine. I'll admit it. I am an utter sucker for the romance promised by houseboats. I booked one. It was… expensive. I'm talking "mortgage payment expensive" for a few nights. But the idea of waking up on the lake, surrounded by beauty, was too tempting to resist. The boat's called the Shangri-La!
- 5:00 PM : Checked into the Shangri-La! The decor's a little… dated. Think chintz and velvet, the kind of stuff your grandma has in her spare room. But the views? Unbeatable. This might just be worth the price of a small car.
- 6:00 PM: Tea on the deck of the houseboat. The lake at sunset is… indescribable. The mountains glowed. The water shimmered. I almost cried. Okay, I did cry. Don't judge me. This is what I came for. Pure, unadulterated beauty. The world is an okay place after all. Maybe.
- 6:30 PM: Talked with the boat's caretakers. Really lovely people. So much more than a service. They talk about life on the houseboats, the struggles of the local people, and the beauty of Kashmir. Made me feel a little less tourist-jaded. Okay, a lot less tourist-jaded.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner on the houseboat. Delicious Kashmiri cuisine. And amazing company! These guys know the history of this place, the struggles, the beauty. They are the real thing.
- 8:30 PM: Drank tea on the deck of the houseboat in the dark. The stars. The silence. Pure bliss. Still overwhelmed, but a calmer, better sort of overwhelmed. Realizing this is a perfect experience.
Day 3: Gardens, Shopping, and the Meltdown
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast on the houseboat! What a way to start the day.
- 10:00 AM: Got a shikara back to the main land, to see Shalimar Bagh, the famous Mughal gardens. The gardens are beautiful, so peaceful. But the whole "Mughal history" thing is making me think a little bit. The history of a place is a big, messy thing, yeah? With lots of sides and angles.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch and Shopping. My soul is still longing for a real Kashmiri shawl. I visited a local handicraft shop. The shop owner seemed to sense my exhaustion and gave me a tea. I bought a shawl. Negotiated a bit, but I didn't try to beat him down too badly.
- 2:00 PM: The Meltdown is Real. Back at the hotel. I started a blog. I wanted to write about everything. The beauty. The struggles. Write about the things that made me happy, but I got writer's block. And then, I got overwhelmed. I felt the exhaustion from the whole trip building. The noise. The crowds. The endless pressure to do something. I crawled back into bed and cried. Just sobbed. The world is a lot – good, bad, and all.
- 4:00 PM: It all felt too much and wanted to go home.
- 5:00 PM: Feeling a bit better. Maybe I need a nap. Or maybe I need to stop pretending I can handle a 24/7 adventure. I ordered some comfort food via room service.
- 6:00 PM: Watched a mindless movie, and then I suddenly felt better.
- 7:00 PM: Wrote about the meltdown in my journal. It will all work out.
Day 4: Gulmarg, Gondolas, and Finding My Feet
- 9:00 AM: Hired a car for a day trip to Gulmarg. It took a while to convince the driver. The road was winding, the scenery was incredible.
- 11:00 AM: Gulmarg! The air is thinner, the mountains are bigger. Incredible.
- 12:00 PM: Gondola ride up to the top! OMG. The views! Absolutely breathtaking.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a mountaintop restaurant, with the gondola. It was mediocre.
- 3:00 PM : Gondola – riding back down the mountain was so slow, everyone was just hanging out and looking at the mountains.
- **5:

Is Srinagar even...? You know... *safe*? (And how was the hotel's security?)
The room… what's it *actually* like? Is it Instagram-worthy or… reality-check?
Let's talk food. What's the breakfast situation? Is it worth it? (I'm a breakfast person, okay?)
Okay, *the* Dal Lake. How easy is it to get there? Are the activities actually fun?
Anything… Unexpected? Like a total "WTF" moment?
The staff… were they actually helpful? Or just… polite?
The Internet & Connectivity- How was it? Because, you know, *life* is online nowadays...
Anything you *didn't* like? Be brutally honest!
Would you go back? Would you recommend it? Seriously.
Find Your Perfect Stay
