Escape to Paradise: Decameron Isla Coral vs. Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos - Which All-Inclusive Reigns Supreme?

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Escape to Paradise: Decameron Isla Coral vs. Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos - Which All-Inclusive Reigns Supreme?

Escape to Paradise: Decameron Isla Coral vs. Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos – The ALL-INCLUSIVE Showdown! (Warning: May Contain Mild Rambling…)

Okay, folks, buckle up! We're diving deep into the all-inclusive abyss, pitting two contenders against each other for the ultimate vacation bragging rights: Decameron Isla Coral and Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs – this is the raw, unfiltered truth, seasoned with my own brand of chaotic charm (and questionable decision-making skills, let's be honest). Prepare for a long one, because I've got opinions. Lots of them.

First, a disclaimer: I'm not a robot. I'm a human who loves a good getaway, and I'm here to tell you about my experience. So, expect some messiness, some strong feelings, and maybe a few tangents along the way. Deal? Deal.

Accessibility: Navigating Paradise (or Not?)

Accessibility can be the most important thing, and this is where it gets tricky. Both hotels claim to offer accessibility. Decameron, I'm told, has facilities for disabled guests. But, let's be real, "facilities" can mean anything. I'd want more specifics. Elevators are a must, of course (Elevator is mentioned!), and accessible rooms with roll-in showers are critical. Think about it: I'm not sure without digging into more details. Ramada's description also boasts "facilities for disabled guests," which feels a little vague. This needs serious investigation before booking if accessibility is a must-have. I’d need to call, email, stalk online forums… the whole shebang.

Safety and Cleanliness: Is This Place a Petri Dish?

Let's be honest, post-pandemic, this is huge. Thankfully, both hotels are trying, and there are a bunch of features here.

  • Decameron: Has all the usual suspects: Daily disinfection in common areas, Anti-viral cleaning products, Individually-wrapped food options, Hand sanitizer, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, etc. This is ALL comforting to see.
  • Ramada: Offers many of the same features. Professional-grade sanitizing services are a plus; as is Room sanitization opt-out available. But, and this is a big but, are they actually following through? Actions speak louder than words. I'd want to see evidence, maybe read some recent reviews, before feeling totally at ease.

My take: Both seem to be trying to do the right thing. But I'd lean toward reading recent reviews to see if guests are actually feeling safe.

Internet: Wi-Fi Wars – Will Your Instagram Suffer?

Decameron: Promises Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And that's it, that's what I'm told. Internet [LAN] might also be present, but it's an expensive amenity. However, let's remember it's free, and therefore the speed will likely be dog-water.

  • Ramada: Also boasts Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And Wi-Fi in public areas. This is great, assuming the signal strength is acceptable. I'm envisioning myself trying to upload a photo of my margarita only to have it buffer for eternity.

My verdict: A "Free Wi-Fi" is nice, but it's a gamble. I'd prepare for potential Wi-Fi woes and bring a good book… or maybe just embrace the digital detox.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Let's Eat (and Drink!)

(This is where things get really interesting.)

Decameron: Offers a buffet (Breakfast [buffet]) and a la carte restaurants. Asian cuisine in restaurant is always a plus in my eyes. The presence of a bar and Poolside bar is essential for poolside cocktails. Room service [24-hour] is absolute luxuriousness. My biggest hope? Good coffee. I need my caffeine fix.

Ramada: Boasts Breakfast [buffet] and the possibility of Buffet in restaurant. Poolside bar and Happy hour are promising signs. My biggest worry? Food quality. All-inclusive buffets can be a hit-or-miss affair. Is the pizza greasy? Is the salad wilted? These are the critical questions.

My verdict: Both offer the staples. I’d need to check reviews to see if there are any specific, standout dining experiences.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: From Zen to Zumba

Decameron: Has Spa/sauna features, including Massage, Sauna and Steamroom. Fitness center and Gym/fitness are options. Swimming pool is a given. Things to do are pretty good, if a bit cliché.

Ramada: Again, spa details - including Massage, and has Gym/fitness, Sauna, Swimming pool [outdoor], and again, the essentials.

My verdict: Neither one screams "unforgettable activity." I am more interested in what the local area has to offer.

Rooms: The All-Important Sleeping Quarters

(This is crucial, folks!)

Decameron: Has Air conditioning, Air conditioning, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator. Most of the basics.

Ramada: Similar amenities, including Air conditioning, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Non-smoking.

My Take: Both hotels seem to cover the essentials in terms of room amenities. The devil, as they say, is in the details. How comfortable are the beds? How clean are the bathrooms? Are the views actually appealing?

Services and Conveniences: Beyond the Basics

Decameron: Has the usual amenities: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace.

Ramada: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace. A very similar list.

My Verdict: Meh. These are nice-to-haves, but they won't make or break my trip.

For the Kids: Family Fun Factor

Decameron: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

Ramada: Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.

My Verdict: If you are bringing children, then you'll need to go into more details.

Getting Around, Safety, and the Fine Print

Decameron & Ramada: Both offer Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Smoke detector, Fire extinguisher.

My Verdict: This is more important than you think.

Conclusion: Drumroll Please…

Okay, after all that rambling, which all-inclusive reigns supreme? Honestly, it’s a tie!

I'd pick based on how I feel upon reading some reviews.

My Offer to You:

Stop the scroll, because I'm going to offer you the ultimate escape! Don't wait - book now!

To make your choice easier?

Bonus: Each booking gets a complimentary cocktail during your stay!

Warning: May lead to excessive relaxation and a tan you'll be bragging about for months. But hey, isn't that the point?

Unbelievable Seafront Luxury: NRA Studio TB@Timurbay, Kuantan!

Book Now

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, and possibly tequila-soaked reality of my trip to the Decameron Isla Coral in Rincon de Guayabitos. This ain't your perfectly curated Instagram feed; this is the unfiltered, slightly sunburnt truth.

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Just Kidding… Mostly)

  • 8:00 AM: Ugh, the airport. The soul-crushing ritual of security, the forced cheerfulness of the airline staff, the existential dread of realizing you’re about to trust your life to a metal tube hurtling through the sky. But hey, at least there's coffee! And the promise of a margarita waiting.
  • 12:00 PM (ish): Arrival! The sweet, sweet smell of… well, I don't know, but it smells like vacation. Okay, maybe it’s just the exhaust fumes from the shuttle. Still, the palm trees are real, the sun is blazing, and my carry-on is heavier than it has ever been. Customs was a breeze, which, honestly, is a miracle. I'm pretty sure I looked like a desperate person with my passport.
  • 1:00 PM: Check-in. Ah, the ritualistic struggle of trying to decipher the front desk staff's English, even with my limited Spanish. I'm pretty sure I accidentally gave them a tip before I even got my key. Hey, bribery.
  • 2:00 PM: Room. It’s… fine. No ocean view, as promised, but hey, it has air conditioning. And a balcony that overlooks… something. I'm too delirious to care. Time for a swim!
    • The Pool Debacle: Okay, the pool is HEAVENLY. But then I remembered I hadn't put on sunscreen (idiot), and the sun punished me accordingly. Hours later, I'm resembling a boiled lobster. Lesson learned: never underestimate the Mexican sun. And always pack aloe.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. The buffet is… a buffet. Look, I'm not a food critic, okay? I’m just a hungry traveler ready for a good time. I think I ate something that might have been chicken. Or maybe it was mystery meat. In any event, I did end up eating a little too much. My pants may or may not be getting looser.

Day 2: Beach Bliss & Minor Meltdowns

  • 8:00 AM: The alarm goes off. Nope! I hit snooze until 9:00 AM and the realization that I will get to the beach!
  • 9:30 AM: Beach time! Oh, sweet, blissful beach. The sand is warm, the water is turquoise, and I'm pretty sure I'm in paradise… until a rogue wave nearly wipes me out. Did I mention I can't swim?
  • 11:00 AM: Snorkeling. The hotel offers that. I'm not sure if I saw Nemo, but definitely saw some fish. The water was so clear, but so salty. And my mask kept fogging up, which made me feel like a confused deep-sea diver.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at the beachside restaurant. Tacos! Yes, finally, real-deal tacos! The sun, the food, the slight buzz from the Corona – pure bliss.
  • 3:00 PM: Nap time (under the shade of an umbrella, finally smart). This is the life.
  • 6:00 PM: The evening show. Okay, the entertainment at the Decameron is… well, let's just say it's enthusiastic. Think sequined costumes, questionable lip-syncing, and a whole lotta salsa dancing. It's cheesy, it's loud, and it's absolutely hilarious. I'm pretty sure I saw a woman fall off the stage. Classic.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner. Again. I needed some time to digest the show.

Day 3: Exploring & (Slightly) Less Sunburn

  • 9:00 AM: The local market! The vendors are relentless. "Hola, amigo! You like a sombrero?" "Best price for you!" "Beautiful bracelet, señorita!" My Spanish is still questionable, but my haggling skills are on point. Got a gorgeous woven bag for practically nothing.
  • 11:00 AM: We went to the main town of Guayabitos. People are everywhere. The beaches are amazing, the waves are incredible, and there are so many vendors!
  • 2:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Naptime.
  • 3:00 PM: The pool! My sunburn is still there, and I'm a little apprehensive. But the pool is the place to relax!
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. The Japanese restaurant, which was actually quite good!

Day 4: The Deep Dive - A Single Obsession!

  • Morning: Okay, lemme tell you something. I'm obsessed. Absolutely, completely, and utterly obsessed with the beach.
    • Repeat: The sand, the sun, the sounds, and that magical turquoise hue of the water… I even tried to do yoga on the beach. It was more like clumsy stretching, but hey, I made a connection with the earth, man.
  • Afternoon: Okay, okay, the beach again. Maybe this just means I'm a beach person.
  • Evening: Beach. I did a sunset walk and the sky was ablaze. It was absolutely breathtaking. I could have stayed there forever. Okay, I probably could stay there forever.

Day 5/6/7: The Blur of Bliss (and Maybe a Bit Too Much Tequila)

  • The Rest of the Trip: Honestly? It's a blur. More beach, more food, more laughter, and a significant increase in my tequila consumption. There was a karaoke night that I might or might not have participated in. Let’s just say my rendition of “Livin’ on a Prayer” was… enthusiastic. I danced like no one was watching, which, considering my drunken state, was probably true.
    • Realization: This is what a vacation is supposed to be. Messy, imperfect, and filled with moments that you'll laugh about for years.
  • The Final Morning: I'm leaving. Actually, I don't want to. This resort, with its quirks, its buffets, and its slightly chaotic charm, has somehow managed to worm its way into my heart. Maybe it's the sun, maybe it's the margaritas, or maybe it's just the sheer absurdity of it all. Whatever it is, I'm already planning my return.
  • Epilogue: The airport. The long lines, the slightly disgruntled faces, the plane ride home. Reality hits like a concrete brick. Until next time, Rincon de Guayabitos! You wonderfully weird and wonderful place.
Nagasaki's Hidden Gem: Hostel Casa Noda - Your Unforgettable Stay Awaits!

Book Now

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Escape to Paradise: Decameron Isla Coral vs. Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos - The Honest Truth (and My Meltdown)

Okay, spill the beans! Which resort is better, Decameron Isla Coral or Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos? Don't give me that "it depends" garbage. I want a winner!

Alright, fine! You want a winner? GOD, I understand the pressure! Okay, deep breath... Based on MY experience, which, admittedly, is colored by a massive sunburn and a near-breakdown over a missing beach towel (don't judge!), I lean toward... Ramada Rincon de Guayabitos. Yeah, yeah, I know, "location, location, location" is the big buzzword. And Isla Coral IS on the actual island, which is... *cool*? I guess. But, and this is a HUGE but (insert immature giggle here), Guayabitos just FELT more... real. Like, less manufactured paradise, and more actual vacation.

Let's talk location. Isla Coral is on an island, so that's gotta be a huge plus, right? Or not?

Look, being ON an island sounds amazing, right? Instagrammable beaches, total isolation! The reality? It's a BIT of a hassle. You’re ferried back and forth constantly, which eats into your precious margarita-sipping time. And the "private beaches" feel… well, crowded. Remember, this *is* still an all-inclusive, so everyone's fighting over the same few square feet of sand. Plus, I had a mild panic attack when the boat got seasick-rocky one afternoon. Guayabitos, on the other hand, is right in the middle of things. You can walk out of the resort and be surrounded by actual life. The town, the shops, the restaurants – it felt genuine. Plus, my god, the sunsets from the beach walk were just… stunning. Okay, okay, I’m biased. But GUAYABITOS for the win (for this category).

What about the food? Because, let's be honest, that can MAKE or BREAK a vacation, right?

Oh, food. The eternal struggle. Listen, neither resort is Michelin-star material. Let's be honest. But, here's the thing. Isla Coral felt… predictable. The buffet was… adequate, the a la cartes… okay. I had a truly forgettable plate of seafood. I remember thinking, "wow, this tastes like the ocean, but in a not-good way." Guayabitos? The food felt… more alive. (That's a weird way to put it, I know, but I'm sticking with it). The buffet had some good options, the beachside snack bar served surprisingly delicious tacos al pastor (I ate about a million of them), and the restaurants weren't bad. Again, it's all-inclusive, people! So, don’t expect perfection. But yeah, for this one, Guayabitos might have a slight edge. Mostly because I still dream of those tacos.

Okay, so you're leaning Guayabitos. What about the rooms? Are they clean? Do they smell like mold? (Important questions!)

The room situation is VERY important. At Isla Coral, the rooms were...fine. Clean enough, but somewhat dated, and yeah, there was *possibly* a faint whiff of mildew now and again. And the air conditioning was battling with the humidity in a way that felt intensely personal. Rincon de Guayabitos are bit dated. BUT, less of a mold situation, which is always a plus. And, they were surprisingly comfortable. I spent a lot of time in my room, hiding from the sun (and the towel drama). They're clean, and the beds were comfy enough for me to completely crash after a day of sun and tacos. Room-wise, Guayabitos again takes the gold.

What about the pool scene? Because I'm all about that pool life.

The pools are crucial. Isla Coral’s pool was… crowded. Very crowded. And, honestly, I'm not sure if it was cleaned very often. It always looked a little murky. Plus, getting a chair was a battle royale. I saw people literally fighting over umbrellas. Pure chaos. Guayabitos? The pool was more chilled. There were more chairs (thank god!), the water was cleaner, and less fighting was involved. It's not gonna be the most spectacular pool experience of your life. So, yes, Guayabitos takes this one.

Okay, so you're making a case for Guayabitos. Any downsides? Anything they *do* get right at Isla Coral?

Alright, alright, let's be fair. Here's where Isla Coral maybe (MAYBE) has an edge. Snorkelling. Technically, if you're into snorkeling, the water is clearer around the island. And the boat ride is part of the "experience". In Guayabitos, the beach isn't that bad, but the water isn't as clear. So, there's that. Look, I had a decent time at Isla Coral, but honestly, when factoring in everything, the constant boat rides, the slightly-less-than-stellar food, and the general vibe, I still vote Guayabitos.

Beach! Beach! How's the beach at each resort?

Okay, beach detail time. At Isla Coral, the beach is… beautiful, in theory. White sand, turquoise water. Very postcard-worthy. But, as I mentioned, it felt crowded. And the "private" aspect felt less private, more like a free-for-all. Also, they ran out of towels. And it was... upsetting.. (the drama!). Guayabitos beach is long and sandy, perfect for long walks, or just lounging. The water is calmer, making it great for swimming. You can easily walk to restaurants and bars from your spot on the sand. PLUS, and I cannot stress this enough, in Guayabitos, they DON'T run out of beach towels. And with that, my choice is clear!

Let's get to the bottom line: entertainment, activities, that sort of thing. Are you being entertained, or bored out of your mind?

The entertainment situation is crucial. Isla Coral... I honestly can’t remember much about the entertainment. It was all a bit... generic? There was a karaoke night that I avoided like the plague. Guayabitos, it’s less "showbiz," more "community vibe". There's more interaction as you can walk around and explore. The night life? It’s not Vegas, but there were some live music performances, some dancing, and just the general buzz of people enjoying themselves. Again, IDigital Nomad Hotels

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico

Decameron Isla Coral Guayabitos, Ramada All-Inclusive Resort Rincon De Guayabitos Mexico