Escape to Luxury: Delta Hotels Somerset NJ - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Escape to Luxury: Delta Hotels Somerset NJ - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Escape to Luxury: Delta Hotels Somerset NJ - My Actual Dream Getaway (Mostly… with a Few Hiccups!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the Delta Hotels Somerset NJ, and let me tell you, it's a mixed bag of heavenly fluff and, well, let's just say "lessons learned." The promise? Escape. Luxury. Dream Getaway. Did they deliver? Mostly! Let's dive in, shall we?

(First Impressions & Getting Grounded)

Right off the bat, the Accessibility is a big win! They clearly put some thought into it. Wheelchair accessible everything – from the lobby to the restaurants – is a huge relief. I saw folks using Facilities for disabled guests comfortably. That’s a big thumbs up for inclusivity. Accessibility gets a massive check. Makes me feel good already.

Now, let's talk Internet. Because, let's be honest, in this day and age, a hotel without decent Wi-Fi is like a car without wheels. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it actually worked! Internet access – wireless was fast and stable, which is crucial whether you're catching up on emails, streaming a movie, or, you know, shamelessly stalking exes (no judgment!). They even had Internet [LAN] if you're a retro-tech enthusiast or just need a rock-solid connection for serious work. My experience using the LAN was brief, because I am not a retro tech enthusiast, but it did allow me to access the Wi-Fi for special events.

(Rooms: Heaven, Hell, and a Very Comfortable In-Between)

My room? Okay, let's be real: Non-smoking rooms are a must, and thankfully, they delivered. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver in the Jersey humidity. My room was on a high floor, which definitely added to the vibe. The Interconnecting room(s) available is great for families or groups, but not my scene.

The bed? Oh. My. Word. The Extra-long bed felt like sinking into a cloud. Absolute bliss. They even had a Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Free bottled water (thank you, hydration gods!), and a Mini bar (temptation city!). And the Bathtub was HUGE! I spent one whole afternoon in one.

But here's where things got a bit… bumpy. The Room decorations were a little bland. The kind of beige-and-grey that whispers, "We aimed for neutral." Also, the Slippers? Missing in action. And that was a real missed opportunity for the "luxury" angle.

Still, the Blackout curtains were a godsend for blocking out the Jersey sunshine (and my own personal demons). And the Soundproofing? Pretty darn good, considering the busy location. I was prepared for the sound of the city, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Side Note: I did have a minor panic attack when I couldn't find the Hair dryer. Turns out, it was hidden in a drawer. Which brings up the Daily housekeeping, which was very efficient, but maybe a little too efficient. One day, my favorite book vanished, only to turn up later, miraculously untouched, in a completely different spot. Made me question the entire fabric of reality for a moment.

(Spa, Sauna, and Sweet, Sweet Bliss (Mostly))

Now, let's talk pampering! The Spa was calling my name, and oh man, did it deliver! The Massage was phenomenal… possibly the best I've ever had. The therapist worked out every knot. I spent the post-massage euphoria wandering the Sauna. Pure bliss.

The Swimming pool [outdoor] looked lovely, but the one time I tried to go, the area was crowded and the temperature was… well, let's just say the Jersey winds really got in there. I ended up staying inside, in a fluffy robe, so I am not sure how it felt to swim in.

(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure?)

The Restaurants were a mixed bag. The Breakfast [buffet] was decent – the usual suspects. The Asian breakfast options were, surprisingly, pretty good. There was a Coffee shop with decent lattes, a welcome sight. But the Desserts in restaurant? Meh. Nothing to write home about.

The Bar scene was lively, the Poolside bar was a nice touch. And the Happy hour deals were pretty tempting. I may have taken advantage of the Bottle of water, and a few other things.

The big problem, however, was consistency. One night, the Western cuisine in restaurant was incredible. The next, it was… not so much. (My burger was overcooked and sad). The A la carte in restaurant options were a far better gamble, it seemed.

I did appreciate the Room service [24-hour]. Especially when, after a long day of, well, existing, I just wanted to order a massive bowl of soup. I got the Soup in restaurant and, yeah, it was exactly what I needed.

Important Note: The Alternative meal arrangement was great. If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, they’re accommodating. Plus, the Vegetarian restaurant options were above average.

(Cleanliness & Safety: Did They Actually Sanitize?)

Okay, this is one area where I felt genuinely at ease. The Cleanliness and safety measures were impressive. Anti-viral cleaning products were clearly in use everywhere. The Daily disinfection in common areas was obvious. The Staff trained in safety protocol. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere.

They also had Physical distancing of at least 1 meter signs, and the staff were great about it.

(Services & Conveniences: The Little Things (Mostly))

The Concierge was amazing, always ready with a smile and a recommendation. The Laundry service was efficient. The Cash withdrawal machine in the lobby was convenient.

I utilized the Car park [free of charge]. The Fitness center was decent. The Cashless payment service was also handy.

The Quirks: The Gift/souvenir shop had some odd stuff, like the Jersey-themed back scratchers. But hey, who am I to judge?

(Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Your Inner Child's Delight)

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't engage in much of the Things to do during this trip. I was all about the ways to relax and the Spa/sauna, so I won't even pretend to have done anything else.

(For The Kids & Proposals: A Family Affair & Romance?)

I didn't have the kids with me, but I did get the sense that, if you've got kids, the Family/child friendly vibe is definitely there. The Kids facilities looked pretty good.

(Getting Around: Navigating Jersey (Without Crying))

Having a Car park [free of charge] on-site was a huge plus, given the location. There was also a Taxi service, if needed.

(The Bottom Line: Escape to Luxury… with a Sprinkle of Real Life)

So, did the Delta Hotels Somerset NJ deliver on the "Escape to Luxury" promise? Mostly, yes! The spa was incredible, the rooms were comfortable, and the staff were generally lovely. It wasn't perfect – a few minor glitches and inconsistencies – but isn't that just life?

Would I go back? Absolutely. Especially if I could snag another one of those massages.

Now, for the Pitch: The "Escape to Reality" Package - (Because Life Isn't Always Perfect, and Neither Are We!)

Hey there, fellow humans! Ready to ditch the daily grind and treat yourself to a getaway that's almost perfect? (Because, let's be real, perfection is boring.)

Book your stay at the Delta Hotels Somerset NJ today, and get ready for:

  • Pure Bliss: Luxurious rooms, comfy beds, and blackout curtains for epic sleep sessions.
  • Spa Serenity: Melt away stress with one of our incredible massages!
  • Food, Friends & Freedom: Explore all the delicious dining, and a place to explore the neighborhood.
  • And a little bit of reality! We won't promise perfection but it will be an experience.

Book now and get a Special Offer:

Get a bottle of wine on arrival!

Here's the fine print: Okay, so no promises of perfection, only realness. We're here to help.

See you soon!

Escape to Luxury: Lavande Hotel Guangzhou - Unbeatable Jiahewanggang Location!

Book Now

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your perfectly curated travel brochure. This is REAL. We're hitting the Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township, NJ. God help us all.

The "Actually Going to New Jersey, Please Don't Judge" Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival, Accidental Detours, and Existential Hotel Room Dread

  • 2:00 PM (ish): Land at Newark Airport. Okay, I’m not gonna lie, I immediately regretted this decision. New Jersey. New Jersey. The air itself feels like it’s apologizing. But hey, gotta visit the in-laws. They’re sweet, mostly. The drive to Somerset, however, is a test of patience. Are there more strip malls than humans in this state? Seriously.
  • 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM (ish): "GPS Issues" (translation: I took a wrong turn and ended up in some confusing residential area with suspiciously large lawns). Spent 20 minutes trying to navigate out while muttering profanities under my breath. The GPS lady, bless her robotic soul, just kept saying, "Recalculating." Recalculating my entire life, apparently.
  • 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM (ish): Check-in at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township. The lobby? Fine. Beige. Cleanish. The front desk person was, well, a human. No robotic overlords here, thank God. They "welcomed" me. I think I just grunted in response. Too much existential dread to muster a genuine response.
  • 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM: The Room Reveal. Okay, here's where the cracks start to show. It's… a room. A beige rectangle. The air conditioning is loud. Like, I could probably record a whole album of white noise with this thing. And the window? Views of… parking. Lovely. I flop onto the bed and consider never leaving this room. Maybe I should've just stayed home. Why did I think this was a good idea?
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Unpack. Realize I forgot my toothbrush. Sigh. Commence internal monologue about my perpetually disorganized life.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Probably something generic and pre-made the hotel offers. Possibly eat a burger. Maybe chicken. The food is always a letdown, isn't it? I can't even bring myself to look up options, so I end up at the hotel restaurant. Regret.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Staring at the TV. Flip through channels. Find nothing interesting to watch. Ponder the meaning of life (or at least, the meaning of this trip). Stare at the bland walls of the hotel room. Wonder why I can't sleep in this room.
  • 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Give up. The AC is still at a max, the noise is a constant and the mattress resembles a brick.
  • 10:00 PM (ish): Text a friend. Complain. Get a sympathetic response. Feel slightly better for approximately 3.5 seconds. Fall asleep in a half-awake state.

Day 2: The Great Somerset Adventure (Or, More Likely, Small Adventures)

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Still tired. The AC… ugh. The incessant humming. Shower, even if it’s the worst experience.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: "Continental Breakfast" at the hotel. I approach this with the same level of enthusiasm as a root canal. Eggs, rubbery bacon, suspect coffee. I consume it anyway. Because eating is also a thing I have to do.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The In-Laws. This is the big one, folks. The real reason for the trip. I steel myself for awkward small talk, family history recitations, and passive-aggressive comments about my life choices. Wish me luck. They are generally harmless, but they can be a lot. Bring a stress ball; you'll need it.
    • The in-laws: I end up overthinking about small talk and the conversation ends up not working at all. They still enjoy the visit, despite my awkwardness.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Attempt to escape the in-laws with a sandwich. Or a salad. Or anything that isn’t dinner with the in-laws.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: A "Drive" to somewhere. Anywhere. Maybe a park. Probably a mall. This is where I fully embrace the "lost tourist" vibe, probably buy a random knick-knack I don't need, and realize there's not much to do in this godforsaken town.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool time (if the hotel has a pool). I decide to fully embrace the "vacation" vibe. The water is probably clean. I get some weird looks. The water is not as clean as it appears.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner (again). Repeat the dinner from day 1.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Face the TV. Try to find something to watch while still feeling weird about spending 1 hour doing the same thing as the day before.
  • 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Attempt to sleep (again).
  • 10:00 PM (ish): Complain to a friend (again).

Day 3: Departure and the Long Journey Home (aka, Freedom!)

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up, almost excited to leave. I do the shower.
  • 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast. More than I want.
  • 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. Feel a surge of elation as I hand over the key. Be free.
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The dreaded drive to the airport. Avoid any last-minute mishaps. Just get me to the airport.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Airport security. Pray to the travel gods that my bag isn't flagged.
  • 12:00 PM (ish): Board the plane. Feel a wave of relief wash over me. I made it. I survived New Jersey.
  • 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Airplane journey. Hope that it is the last time in my life!
  • 3:00 PM (ish): Land home, happy, relieved, and knowing that I will never enter a hotel room in New Jersey ever again. Or, you know, until the next family obligation.

Important Disclaimers:

  • This itinerary is highly subjective and based on my personal experience (or fantasies).
  • Actual activities may vary based on my mood, weather, and the availability of interesting things to do in Somerset, NJ.
  • I am not responsible for any existential crises that may occur during this trip. Enjoy!
  • P.S. Don't expect perfection. This is life, not a carefully crafted social media post. I’m sure there will be good parts, too. I hope.

Wish me luck. I’m gonna need it. And send coffee. Lots of coffee.

Turkey's Most Stunning Cave Hotel: Goreme's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Escape to Luxury: Delta Hotels Somerset NJ - Your Dream Getaway Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQs & My Inner Monologue

Okay, Seriously, What *Is* "Luxury" at This Place? I'm Skeptical, You Know?

Alright, alright, let's get real. "Luxury" is a slippery word these days, isn't it? Delta Hotels Somerset NJ... they're *trying*. I'd say it’s a solid *elevated* experience. Think… a cut above your average chain, definitely not your Ritz-Carlton (though, a girl can dream, right?). The lobby? Pretty swanky, gotta admit. My initial reaction? "Ooh, shiny!" But then I saw the carpet… slight scuff marks. Minor, *minor* imperfections, but you start to notice them. My partner, bless his heart, he just wants a comfy bed. Guess what? The beds *are* comfy. Like, seriously, I almost snoozed right through breakfast. See? Elevated, but not perfect. It's more of a "polished gem with a few…personality quirks."

The Rooms! Spill the Tea! Are They Actually Nice or Just Another Hotel Box?

Okay, the rooms. This is where things get… nuanced. We booked a…let's just say a room *with a view*, hoping for something spectacular. What we got… was technically a view. Of the parking lot. And a sliver of the highway, which, admittedly, kept our inner city-dweller heart happy. Am I complaining? Maybe a little. The room itself? Clean, spacious (thank goodness!), and the bathroom? Good water pressure is crucial, and this place *delivers*. The little toiletries? Not exactly Bulgari, but... they smelled nice. Little things, you know? I will say, the lighting in the room was… a challenge. Like, trying to put on makeup felt like a treasure hunt. But, you know, overall, a thumbs up. Just, manage your expectations on the view, okay? Seriously, pack some eye masks just in case.

Food! I Love to Eat! What's the Dining Scene Like? What's *the* best dish in the restaurant?

Oh, the food... This is where things get *interesting*. They have a restaurant, and a little marketplace for grab-and-go stuff. The marketplace? Fine for a quick coffee and a pastry, though I think I saw a rogue blueberry roll with a suspicious amount of glaze (shudders). The restaurant…Okay, let me be honest. The name escapes me. It's… *a restaurant*. My first thought was, "Well, alright, let's see what the chef's *got*." And then I looked closer at the menu. A bit *safe*, you know? Chicken, salads, the usual suspects. I got the salmon. It was…fine. Perfectly edible. But, was it a culinary masterpiece? No. Did it make my taste buds sing? Again, no. My partner got the burger, and he gave it a solid "Yep, that's a burger." Though, truthfully, I was too busy thinking about the potential hidden menu options. And whether or not I could sneak a few extra croissants upstairs.

Pool & Fitness Center? Are there any? I need to burn off the croissants.

Yes! A pool AND a fitness center! Big ups to that. The pool? Pretty standard, indoor, with that slightly chlorine-y smell that takes you right back to summer camp (in a good way, mostly). I did a few laps. It was… refreshing. The fitness center? Okay, this is where I had a minor panic attack. It's *adequate*. Treadmills, some weights…you know the drill. But I realized I hadn't been to a gym in approximately… six months. And the gym felt… judgmental. Okay, fine. I used the treadmill for ten minutes. Then I pretended to stretch for a while. And then I went back to the room to stare at the TV. So, yes, it's there, and it's fine. Don't judge my commitment to the gym, okay?

Location, Location, Location? Is it conveniently located for *anything*?

The location is the most nebulous part of this review. It's… in Somerset, New Jersey. Which, if you are from Jersey? Good one! If you're not? Good luck! It's easy to access. It's near… things. Like, it's a short drive to the Garden State Mall, which, if retail therapy is your jam, then *score*! It's also fairly easy to get to New York City. But, you know, traffic, traffic, traffic. It depends on what you want to do. If you're looking for a quiet getaway, this could be it. If you're looking for a bustling city adventure in your hotel room? Probably not. I mean, if you want a quiet getaway, you would want to know. I will say this though: I loved the nearby park. It was absolutely gorgeous. I feel like I should have spent more time there rather then watching streaming TV. I'm just going to dwell on that.

Would you recommend it? Be honest!

Okay, bottom line time. Would I recommend the Delta Hotels Somerset NJ? It depends. If you are looking for a *truly* luxurious experience, the kind where you have a butler and rose petals on the bed? No. (Spoiler alert: no rose petals). If you're looking for a solid, comfortable, convenient stay, for a fairly reasonable price, with a few nice touches? Then yes, absolutely. Especially if you can snag a deal. The bed was amazing, and it's easy to access. And look, some places the rooms are just… depressing. This wasn't. It's clean, the staff were friendly (even when I asked for extra pillows at 1 AM!), and the location is decent enough (though, again… traffic). So, my recommendation is this: Go in with realistic expectations. Enjoy the good stuff. Don’t obsess over the minor flaws. And, most importantly…get the extra pillows.

Any hidden gems or tips? Like, a secret entrance to croissants?

Okay, the real insider info. The secret entrance to croissants? (I wish!). No, seriously, though. Ask for a room on an upper floor. It's going to be quieter, probably. And, *always* check online for deals. They’re always running something. Also, explore the area a little, if you have time. There's a cool local diner nearby. Apparently, its great. And... okay, this isn't exactly a tip, but… pack your own snacks. Because sometimes, you just *need* a bag of chips while watching terrible reality TV... Don't judge me. That's all. Go forth and enjoy your "Escape".
Starlight Inns

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States

Delta Hotels by Marriott Somerset Franklin Township (NJ) United States