Escape to Bliss: Wellnesshotel Cervosa's Serfaus Austrian Paradise
Escape to Bliss: Cervosa's Serfaus – My Unfiltered Austrian Adventure (and a Warning about Blackout Curtains!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a whirlwind tour of the Wellnesshotel Cervosa in Serfaus, Austria. Forget polished corporate speak; this is the raw, unfiltered truth, peppered with my own personal anxieties (and a mild obsession with good coffee). So, is Cervosa a genuine escape to bliss, or just another Insta-worthy mirage? Let's dive in, shall we?
First Impressions (and My Initial Panic Over Orientation)
Okay, the website photos lie (in a good way). Cervosa is stunning. Think postcard-perfect Tyrolean scenery meets chic, modern design. But getting there? That's where the adventure truly begins. (And by adventure, I mean my internal compass spinning like a faulty washing machine trying to locate the car park.) Accessibility, thankfully, is pretty good – crucial for anyone, frankly, but especially if mobility is a concern. The hotel has facilities for disabled guests, an elevator, and thankfully, no stairs that could trip over my face. (Though I will admit, I missed a handrail at one point and nearly face-planted, a common ailment of mine when I’m overly excited about a potential spa day).
- Accessibility Points: Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests.
The Rooms: Sanctuary or Sensory Deprivation Chamber?
My room at Cervosa was… a mixed bag of delights and minor annoyances. On the plus side: Air conditioning (a lifesaver during a sudden heatwave), a comfy extra long bed, and a desk that actually fit my laptop! The Wi-Fi [free] access was thankfully reliable. A major win. And a refrigerator! Crucial for sneaky midnight snacks.
Now for the stuff that almost made me throw a tantrum (okay, it was a minor internal meltdown… but still). The blackout curtains. Those things are EVIL. Like, I'm talking completely black. Perfect for a sleep-in, right? Wrong. Because I'm a creature of habit (and caffeine dependency), I need some sliver of light to gently coax me awake. Those curtains made getting up feel like emerging from a sensory deprivation tank. It took a serious amount of effort to simply find the light switch. Luckily, the bathroom phone was also in amazing working condition which I was surprised when it rang once as I was in the shower… don't ask!
- Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Food, Glorious Food (and An Encounter with Too Much Sausage)
Let's talk food. Being a foodie, the culinary scene is where a hotel can really win me over, and Cervosa didn't disappoint (mostly). The breakfast [buffet] was a symphony of deliciousness. Fresh pastries, a mountain of cheeses, and enough options to satisfy any craving. I did enjoy the Asian breakfast, as well as the Western breakfast, and the option to have breakfast in the room was a bonus after those brutal blackout curtains. The Buffet in restaurant was an amazing experience. I'm a breakfast person. A "I will judge your hotel by its Eggs Benedict" kind of person. Cervosa's Eggs Benedict was… not bad, but still not as good as my mum makes. Still, I did enjoy the coffee/tea in the restaurant and the juice. After a morning of skiing, this was a delicious meal.
For lunch and dinner, the restaurants offer a decent variety. The restaurants themselves are lovely, and the servers were always friendly. I did get a little carried away with the local cuisine one night (too much sausage, I'm looking at you!) and paid the price the next day. (Note to self: pace yourself, woman!). The a la carte in restaurant options were top-notch, with some amazing International cuisine in restaurant options. The vegetarian restaurant was a welcome sight, and the dishes were creative and flavourful. They even had desserts in restaurant, which of course, was a must! The Happy hour was a godsend, I loved the Poolside bar which was very relaxing! The Snack bar had amazing food. The Soup in restaurant was amazing! I did take a while to find, but the Coffee shop was amazing.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Spa & Wellness: My Personal Nirvana (with a Few Minor Glitches)
This is where Cervosa truly shines. The Spa is a haven of tranquility. The Pool with view is as stunning as the photos suggest. I spent hours lounging by the Swimming pool [outdoor], soaking up the mountain air. Then, the Sauna was great. I had to make sure I visited the Steamroom, and the Foot bath was an amazing experience.
I treated myself to a massage, and it was pure bliss. Maybe the best massage experience of my life. Pure unadulterated, stress-melting, muscle-soothing perfection. If you like massages like I do, this is an experience you won’t forget.
And the fitness center: actually well-equipped! Which is a rarity in some hotels. I didn't use much of the equipment, being on holiday and still adjusting to life.
The one downside (because nothing is perfect, right?): The Body scrub. I was anticipating a scrub that left me feeling like a newborn babe. Instead, it was a little… rough. Like, borderline abrasive. But still, the overall experience was incredible.
- Ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, But Don't Lose Your Mask
Cervosa takes Cleanliness and safety seriously. The hotel was immaculate. They use Anti-viral cleaning products, and the staff diligently follows Daily disinfection in common areas. There's Hand sanitizer everywhere, and they offer Cashless payment service. They also offer Room sanitization opt-out available. I felt completely secure. The staff is well trained in safety protocol.
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol.
Services and Conveniences: A Mixed Bag of Goodies
Cervosa offers a range of Services and conveniences. The Concierge was super helpful with recommendations. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable, and the Laundry service was faster than I could have hoped. The Elevator was a lifesaver. On the downside, the Convenience store was a bit lacking. (I desperately needed a chocolate fix, but found very little).
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But Not Overwhelmingly So
I'm not a parent, but Cervosa does cater to families. They have Babysitting service, Kids facilities, and a Kids meal option. The atmosphere felt welcoming to children, but it didn't feel like a dedicated kids' resort. If you're looking for a
**KL's HOTTEST 2-Bed, 2-Bath Gem! (EKOCHERAS Power KL)**
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly polished travel itinerary. We're going to the Wellnesshotel Cervosa in Serfaus, Austria, and honestly? I need this trip BAD. I'm practically running on fumes and lukewarm coffee, and the only thing that actually relaxes me is a hefty dose of brutal honesty, so here we go…
Wellness Hotel Cervosa, Serfaus - The Unofficial (and Probably Slightly Disorganized) Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival - The Glorious Car Crash (Almost)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up in a haze of regret. Why did I agree to a 6 AM flight? Pack - which is mostly throwing clothes into a suitcase and hoping for the best. Double-check passport… thrice. Panic about forgetting my anti-snoring device (priority!). Uber to the airport. Briefly consider the existential dread of air travel.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flight. Oh god, please let there be legroom. Pray to the travel gods for no screaming children. They answered my prayers! A brief nap, a stale sandwich, and a questionable movie later, we land.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Rental car drama. Apparently, "compact" means the car can barely fit my luggage… and my ego. Driving in Austria is beautiful, until you realize you're on a mountain road with a sheer drop and a hairpin turn. I almost drove the car into an unfortunate tree. Managed to not do that, just to be sure I had to make a stop at a local shop for a glass of water and a moment to compose myself.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Arrive at the Cervosa! The lobby is beautiful, and I can already smell the expensive spa air. Check-in. Smile politely at overly friendly staff. Secretly want to scream, "WHERE'S THE CHAMPAGNE?!" but, you know, decorum.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Unpack (sort of). Stumble around the room, marveling at the view. Seriously, the view is EVERYTHING. Start contemplating my "wellness" goals. Actually, I'm just hoping to get enough sleep and maybe not stress-eat the entire minibar.
- Evening (7:00 PM - Late): Dinner. The food descriptions are INSANE. I order everything I can get my hands on and get a glass of wine… or two. End the night with a walk around the hotel and some early sleep.
Day 2: Spa Day and Existential Musings (or, Why Am I Here?)
- Morning (8:00 AM - onwards): Wake up. Try the meditation class… I fall asleep. Decide to skip breakfast because croissant calories are too much for me. Realize I need something.
- Morning (10:00 AM - Noon): SPA TIME! Oh sweet, blessed spa time. Book a massage. The masseuse immediately knows my shoulders are tighter than a drum. I may have snuck a little nap during the massage. I emerge feeling… slightly less like a crumpled paper bag.
- Noon (12:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Lunch. A light salad because, you know, wellness. But then I see the Apfelstrudel. Do I need it? No. Do I get it? YES.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Sauna hopping! Try the Finnish sauna. It's HOT. Like, my-eyebrows-might-melt hot. Then I spend a solid hour just floating in the infinity pool, staring at the mountains and contemplating the meaning of life… or at least, how many chocolate truffles I can reasonably consume.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Reading on balcony (with a blanket, because it’s still a bit chilly).
- Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Prep for dinner. I change my clothes for dinner, trying to look both casual and chic.
- Evening (7:00 PM - Late:) More dinner shenanigans. Tonight, I'm going for the local specialties. Try to remember what I looked like before I tried the Strudel.
Day 3: Serfaus Exploration (Or, I Leave the Hotel!)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Actually, get out of the hotel! Take a stroll around Serfaus. It's charming, like a postcard come to life. Wander into a few shops, buy a cheesy souvenir I'll probably regret later.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch at a traditional Austrian restaurant. Order the Kaiserschmarrn (fluffy, sugared pancakes). Get sugar high. Make friends with a local dog.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Cable car action! Soar up the mountain for amazing views. Take a million photos (because, Instagram). The view from the top is breathtaking. I feel small, and not in a bad way. It's just… amazing.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Back to the hotel for more spa time. This time, I try a different sauna. It smells like pine needles and feels… perfect.
- Evening (6:00 PM - Late): Final dinner. Feeling surprisingly emotional. The people, the food, the mountains, the pure bliss of doing nothing (well, mostly nothing). One last glass of wine.
Day 4: Departure - Back to the Real World (Ugh)
- Morning (Early): Wake up with a lingering feeling of contentment. Pack (more successfully this time).
- Morning (Later): Breakfast. Soak up the last of the Cervosa.
- Morning(Later): Check-out. Say goodbye to the friendly staff with a sincere smile. I'm seriously going to miss this place.
- Morning/Afternoon (Until Departure): Drive back to the airport. Resist the urge to buy all the Austrian chocolate I can find. Resist the urge to just… ditch everything and stay in Serfaus forever.
- Afternoon/Evening: Flight home. The plane is delayed! Complain softly, then find myself back to my seat, as if nothing.
- Evening: Back home. Unpack. Realize I need another vacation.
End Notes:
This itinerary is a suggestion, people. Flexibility is key. Embrace the imperfections, the unexpected delays, and the moments when you just want to hide under a blanket with a giant chocolate bar. That, my friends, is true wellness. And if this trip somehow does not go as planned, I will be there to tell you all about it. Wish me luck!
Fairmont Nile City: Cairo's Most Luxurious Escape (Unbelievable Views!)
Cervosa: Serfaus & My Sanity's Temporary Abode
So, Cervosa. Is it *really* as perfect as the website makes it sound?
What about the rooms? Are they… you know… crampy?
The Spa! Is it worth the hype? Tell me *everything* (and is the sauna a death trap?)
That food. Everyone raves. Does it live up to the hype? Give me details, dammit!
Is it kid-friendly? (Because, you know, chaos.)
What’s the best thing about the Cervosa experience? Pinpoint it!
Is there anything to actually *do* other than eat and relax? (I get restless!)
Would you go back? And, you know, would you recommend it to a friend (a discerning friend that's hard to please)?

