Escape to Paradise: Rustcamps Resort's Genting Highlands Adventure Awaits!

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: Rustcamps Resort's Genting Highlands Adventure Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Rustcamps Resort - Genting Highlands Adventure Awaits! - Is it REALLY Paradise? (My Honest Take)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Rustcamps Resort in Genting Highlands, and I'm ready to dish. Forget those glossy brochures—this review is ALL me, unfiltered, with a healthy dose of "did my brain just twitch from excitement?". Prepare for a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious dive into what Rustcamps has to offer. And whether it actually delivers on that "Paradise" promise.

First Impressions: Getting There and Getting In… (Accessibility – Uh Oh, And Yay!)

Right, so getting to Genting Highlands is a rollercoaster in itself. Literal rollercoaster, actually. Roads winding up, up, up… then, thankfully, Rustcamps offers Airport Transfer. (Good start!) The resort itself seems accessible-ish, with Elevators and what looks like some Facilities for disabled guests. BUT, and it's a big but (like, my but after all the buffet food…), I couldn't get a super clear picture. They mention accessibility, but I didn't spot detailed info on specific room accommodations. Important note for anyone with mobility concerns: CHECK DIRECTLY WITH THE RESORT BEFORE BOOKING! Don’t just assume – it's a mountainous region, and accessibility can be tricky. They also have Car Park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] so if you want to drive your own car, you don't have to worry.

Inside the Fortress of Relaxation (Rooms, Views, and… Wi-Fi!)

Okay, let's talk rooms. Mine was pretty swanky. Non-smoking rooms, thankfully, because I'm a lightweight when it comes to breathing in that stuff. Air conditioning was a lifesaver because it felt like I was in a microwave oven. We got the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (and yes, it worked!).. I had a window that opens (essential for getting that crisp mountain air), and a mini bar so I could enjoy my own drinks.. And the complimentary tea was a nice touch for those moments where I need a little bit of a warm feeling.

The Views from the High Floor were stunning. Seriously, breath-taking. (Pro-tip: Request a room with a view. Do it now!). The Seating area was perfect for chilling, and the desk was handy for pretending I was doing work (mostly just planning my next spa appointment, TBH).

The Bathroom? Mostly good. Separate shower/bathtub (luxury!), and the bathrobes. (I spent half my trip in that bathrobe.) The Hair dryer was a godsend. The only tiny niggle: I'm a mirror addict, and I could have used a few more strategic placements of the things.

Internet… or the Lack Thereof…

Internet access - I would like to rate it "good enough". They have internet access – LAN, and internet access – wireless, but the actual speed can vary. (Welcome to mountain life!). Thankfully, the Wi-Fi [free] mostly holds up, but don't expect to stream 4K movies without a hitch. In the public areas, the Wi-Fi in public areas is fine for checking emails and posting Insta stories about your amazing life. But again - take it with a grain of salt. It's the mountains. The internet sometimes acts like it is as well.

Food, Glorious Food! Dining and Snacking Adventures

Now, let’s get to the important stuff. Food. Forget the "healthy holiday" nonsense, I was THERE for the grub. Rustcamps delivers, big time.

  • Restaurants: They have multiple restaurants - this is where the excitement begins.. Options seemed endless. I indulged in the Breakfast [buffet] – and oh, the Asian breakfast! (Noodle soup for the win!). The Buffet in restaurant was phenomenal. So much choice. So. Much. Food. (I may or may not have worn elastic waistbands).The Vegetarian restaurant was an absolute treat - great for non-meat eaters. Honestly, I was there for every meal.
  • Coffee and Booze: The Coffee shop and Bar are well-stocked. I happily took advantage of the Happy hour. The Poolside bar was perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail. They have Bottle of water - so you don't get dehydrated from all the fun!
  • Room Service: Room service [24-hour] – yes, please! Especially after a long day of relaxing. And they provided Breakfast in room!
  • Snacks: The Snack bar was a lifesaver for those between-meal cravings.
  • The Menu: A la carte in restaurant is an option. Alternative meal arrangement is a nice touch for picky eaters. The Soup in restaurant was perfect from the cold weather outside. And all the Desserts in restaurant were delicious.
  • The Hygiene: Important: I saw evidence of them taking safety seriously. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Safe dining setup, and Individually-wrapped food options. (More on this later).

Ways to Relax (Prepare for Bliss!)

This is where Rustcamps really shines. Honestly, I'm still dreaming of the spa.

  • Spa/sauna: The Spa is an absolute MUST. Get yourself down to the Spa/sauna and thank me later. The Sauna was divine. I’m pretty sure I spent all day in there.
  • Massages and Treatments: I got a Body scrub and Body wrap – and it was pure, unadulterated bliss. The Massage was heavenly. Consider it an investment in your sanity.
  • Pools: They have a few pools, including a Swimming pool - the water's a little chilly, but the Pool with view - is to die for.
  • Fitness: If you're one of those people, there's a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness, perfect for burning off all those buffet calories.
  • Other: I am personally a fan of a Foot bath. Also, the Steamroom was amazing.

Cleanliness, Safety, and the Covid Factor (Is It Safe?)

Okay, let's get real. We're all a little freaked out about safety these days. I was thrilled to see that Rustcamps takes this seriously.

  • Hygiene: Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Daily disinfection in common areas instilled a sense of confidence.
  • Staff Training: Staff trained in safety protocol, they have Hand sanitizer readily available, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
  • Food Safety: Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup, and Alternative meal arrangement – definitely appreciated.
  • Other Safety Measures: They have Fire extinguisher, First aid kit, and Security [24-hour]. I definitely felt safe.
  • Doctor/nurse on call.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available.

Things to Do (Beyond Relaxing!)

Genting Highlands has a lot to offer. Beyond Rustcamps, you can:

  • Indoor venue for special events
  • Outdoor venue for special events

Services and Conveniences (The Little Extras)

This is where Rustcamps goes above and beyond.

  • Convenience: The Convenience store came in handy more than once.
  • Helpful Staff: The Concierge was incredibly helpful. The Doorman was always there with a smile.
  • Other Perks: Cash withdrawal, Laundry service, and Dry cleaning made life easy. They provide Contactless check-in/out for convenience.
  • Business: They have Business facilities, including Meeting/banquet facilities, and Meetings, if you're trying to mix business with pleasure.
  • Other: A Gift/souvenir shop is a plus.

For the Kids (Family-Friendly?)

Okay, I'm not a parent, so I can't speak from personal experience, but Rustcamps seems pretty Family/child friendly. They offer Babysitting service, so you can enjoy some alone time. They have Kids meal for the little ones to enjoy..

The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Verdict

Okay, let's be honest. Rustcamps isn't perfect. The internet can be a bit patchy. The crowds during peak season can be… intense.

Room Decorations: They've got some really interesting room decorations which can be a treat. Smoking Area: They have a Smoking area to accommodate smokers. Soundproofing: The Soundproofing is pretty good to avoid any noise during your stay. Additional details in the room: The Laptop workspace is available. Additional toilet is also

Escape to Paradise: Hotel O The Skyland - New Delhi's Luxury Awaits

Book Now

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're not just planning a trip to Rustcamps Resort in Genting Highlands Malaysia, we're living it. Forget sterile itineraries; this is a rollercoaster of questionable decisions, impromptu noodle breaks, and enough altitude sickness to make you question your life choices. Here goes nothing… or everything, really.

Rustcamps Resort: Operation Genting Getaway – A Disaster Waiting to Happen (Probably)

Day 1: Arrival! (Or, the Great Suitcase Massacre)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Wake up bleary-eyed in my decidedly un-glamorous Kuala Lumpur hotel room. Realize I've spent the last hour dreaming about a perfect cup of coffee and now have a train to catch. (Ugh, morning people. They're the worst, aren't they?) Scramble to pack the remaining essentials. Discover my suitcase has apparently decided to fight back and is now refusing to close. Forcefully sit on it. Victorious. (Or so I thought.)
  • Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Head to KL Sentral. The train ride up to Genting is (thankfully) uneventful. The air's already getting cooler, which is a blessed relief from KL's sticky embrace. Start feeling a slight flutter of excitement… maybe this won't be a disaster after all!
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Arrive at the Genting Skyway station. Buy tickets, which is a feat in itself, considering how utterly clueless I am with the ticket machines. Finally on the cable car! The view is supposed to be breathtaking, but mostly I'm just terrified of heights. Squeeze my eyes shut for about half the ride.
  • Afternoon (1:30 PM - 3:00 PM): Arrive at Rustcamps! Breathe in the fresh mountain air, and… immediately start panting. Altitude. It's a thing. Check-in, which involves a slightly awkward encounter with a very enthusiastic receptionist who apparently loves the word "magnificent." My room is… well, it exists. It's clean, which is a win. Unpack (or attempt to unpack the suitcase of DOOM). Realize I forgot my favorite socks. Tears well up. (I'm dramatic, okay?!)
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM - 4:30 PM): Explore the Resort, the surrounding area. The resort itself is pretty impressive, actually. They've really gone all out with the rustic-chic, though "chic" feels a little misplaced when you're struggling to catch your breath.
  • Evening (4:30 PM - 6:00 PM): Mandatory food search. Discover a surprisingly decent noodle stall near the resort. Devour a steaming bowl of Laksa, which is exactly what my soul needed. (And my stomach probably did too.)
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 7:30 PM): Attempt to learn mahjong, but fail miserably. The rules make absolutely zero sense to me. Give up and retreat back to my room with a sigh.
  • Evening (7:30 PM onward): Stare out the window at the twinkling lights of the Genting Highlands. The view is, in fact, magnificent. Maybe this trip WON'T be a complete train wreck after all. Though… I still miss my socks.

Day 2: Altitude Adventures and High-Flying Highs (and Lows)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Wake up with a slight headache and a vague sense of dread. (Altitude, I'm assuming. Or maybe just the fact that I'm still wearing the same shirt as yesterday.) Force down some breakfast. Struggle to stay awake.
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Embark on a hiking trail! I envisioned myself as a brave explorer, conquering the mountains. In reality, I spent a good portion of the time wheezing and stopping to catch my breath. The views were incredible though. Truly stunning. The mountains, the clouds, the fresh air. I pushed through the aches, the sweat, and the (very real) fear of falling off a cliff, and suddenly the world seemed beautiful and I felt more alive than I have in years. That feeling was intoxicating.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Reward myself with more Laksa. Because carbs are life. Observe several groups of very fit-looking people who seem to be effortlessly scaling the mountains. Secretly judge them.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Explore Genting SkyWorlds Theme Park (or at least, attempt to). The lines are long, the crowds are fierce, and my patience is wearing thin. Experience a significant amount of anxiety. Decide I’m too old for thrilling rollercoasters (or any rollercoasters, really).
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Retreat to a quieter corner of the park and people-watch. Observe a small child having a full-blown meltdown over a melting ice cream cone. Relate. Strongly consider joining the child in his misery.
  • Evening (5:00 PM - 6:30 PM): Return to the resort, slightly shell-shocked. Take a long, hot shower to wash away the day's stresses.
  • Evening (6:30 PM onwards): Dinner at the resort restaurant. Attempt to be classy. Order something I can't pronounce. Accidentally spill red wine down my shirt. Give up on being classy. Embrace the chaos. Finish the evening with a desperate attempt to win at the arcade. (And lose. Miserably).

Day 3: Departure (and the Epilogue of Epic Sock Sadness)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Wake up feeling strangely refreshed, and surprisingly… healthy. The altitude's finally caught up to me. Pack, once more. This time, the suitcase almost closes easily. Victory is mine.
  • Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Reluctantly check out of Rustcamps. Say a fond farewell to the fresh mountain air, and the (mostly) friendly staff. Promise myself I'll come back someday (despite the altitude, the crowds, and the missing socks).
  • Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Take the cable car down. Squeeze my eyes shut for most of the ride.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Train ride back to Kuala Lumpur. Reflect on the trip. It was messy, chaotic, and at times, utterly exhausting. But it was also beautiful, exhilarating, and filled with moments of unexpected joy.
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM onwards): Arrive back in KL. The suitcase survives the journey. I buy a new pair of socks (they are not my favorite, but they will have to do). Consider booking a return trip to Genting. Maybe next time I'll actually learn how to play Mahjong. Maybe not.

And that's it. The end. (Until the next adventure, of course.) This isn't perfection, it's reality. And honestly, it's pretty darn good. See you on top of the world - maybe.

Czech Republic's Hidden Gem: Stunning Apartments in Basta Susice!

Book Now

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Escape to Paradise: Rustcamps Resort's Genting Highlands Adventure Awaits! (Or Does It?) - FAQ for the Slightly Skeptical Traveler

Okay, okay, "Escape to Paradise"... Is this actually *paradise* paradise? Like, am I getting a private beach with a coconut in hand? Be honest.

Alright, deep breaths. Let's address the elephant-sized coconut in the room, shall we? Paradise? Genting Highlands? Uh... *kinda*. Think less turquoise waves and more misty mountain air. Think less "desert island survival" and more "slightly chilly shopping spree with a view." Look, you're not going to be sipping piña coladas on a pristine beach here. But the views? The fresh air? They're pretty darn spectacular. But honestly? The shopping mall is the real paradise. Don't tell anyone I said that.

What even IS Rustcamps Resort? Sounds...industrial. Is it haunted?

Rustcamps... yeah, the name doesn't exactly scream "luxury getaway," I'll grant you that. But it's not literally rusty, okay? Think "rustic" meets "slightly-better-than-a-hostel." The cabins are surprisingly cozy. And haunted? Look, I swear I heard a *thump* in the middle of the night. Maybe it was a squirrel. Maybe it was a ghost. The point is, pack your bravery (and maybe a flashlight). The mist definitely adds to the spooky atmosphere, not gonna lie. I think I'll stick to the mall and that damn Starbucks.

Genting Highlands... Is it all casinos and people yelling? I'm not a gambler.

Okay, listen. Genting *is* a gambling mecca. It's unavoidable. But it's also... more. (Maybe a lot more.) Sure, you'll hear the clatter of chips and the excited shouts. But there's also a massive theme park (which I'm completely too old for, but whatever!), a shopping mall that could swallow a small country, AND some seriously stunning scenery. Just walk around, find a quiet spot, and breathe. Seriously. The view makes the crowds worth it. Kind of. I'm still bitter about losing at the claw machine. Damn it.

The "Adventure Awaits!" part – what kind of adventure are we talking? Cliff-diving? Bear wrestling?

Cliff-diving? Not unless you count the terrifying drop from the cable car. Bear wrestling? Definitely not. The "adventure" is more like... navigating crowded escalators, surviving the food court, and trying to find the one decent coffee shop among the endless franchises. Okay, I exaggerate. There are hiking trails, but they're probably not for the faint of heart. It's more like "adventure-lite," a gentle nudge into the great outdoors. Unless you count the adrenaline rush of getting a parking spot… that's always an adventure. I think I survived one of those parking lots once.

Speaking of the cable car...is it safe? I'm terrified of heights. Really terrified.

The cable car... Ugh. Okay, here's the thing. It's a *must-do*. The view from the top is unbelievable. But the ride itself? Let's just say I white-knuckled the entire time, muttering prayers under my breath. It sways a little. Okay, *a lot*. And you’re suspended… high up. *Very* high up. But, and this is a big BUT, the view... It's worth it. Just… mentally prepare yourself. Maybe bring a stiff drink. And close your eyes if you have to. Honestly, I'd do it again for the view. Crazy, right?

What about food? Is it all just bland hotel buffets?

Okay, the food situation is a mixed bag. Yes, there are the hotel buffets, and, yes, they can lean towards the "blandly efficient" end of the spectrum. HOWEVER! There’s a huge variety of food to choose from. Let me tell you about this *one* dumpling place I found. Seriously, these dumplings were like little pockets of heaven. I ate there *every single day*. And there are other places to eat, if you search around. It's a food court, people! A *massive* food court! Try everything.

What's the best time to go? Is it always crowded?

Crowded? Yes. Always. It's Genting. But the weekends are the worst. Go during the week if you can, and try to avoid school holidays like the plague. Honestly, even during the "off-season," it's still… bustling. But the best time? Honestly, the best time is when you can mentally prepare yourself for the crowds and embrace the chaos. And maybe bring a good book to read while you’re waiting in line and accepting that the world is never gonna be perfect. It is what it is.

Okay, spill. What was your actual experience like? Would you go back?

Okay, deep breath. My experience? A rollercoaster. The cable car almost gave me a heart attack (worth it). The dumpling place was a revelation (absolute heaven). The crowds were overwhelming (but manageable). The air was gloriously fresh (and a welcome escape from the city). Would I go back? Honestly? Yes. I need more dumplings. And… despite all the chaos, Genting Highlands kind of grew on me. It's not *perfect*, but it's definitely an experience you won't forget. And hey, who knows, maybe I'll finally win something at the claw machine next time. A girl can dream, right?

Anything else I should know? Any secret tips?

Secret tips? Okay, listen up:

  • Pack layers. The weather up there is unpredictable. One minute it's sunny, the next it's freezing. I nearly froze.
  • Learn a few basic phrases in Malay. The staff will appreciate it. And you. Just... do it okay?
  • Bring a portable charger. Your phone battery will die from all the photos.
  • Embrace the chaos. Seriously. Let go of your expectations and just… roll with it.
  • The bathrooms. The bathrooms. You need to know that often, the "western" toilets can have, shall we say, design flaws. So… be prepared.
  • And most importantly: Bring a healthy dose of humor. You'll need it. Maybe bring a lot of it.
Oh, and one more thing: Don't forget to breathe. You'll need that too. And remember, the mall. The mall is your friend. Stay By City

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia

Rustcamps Resort Genting Highlands Malaysia