Palm Desert Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deals!

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Palm Desert Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deals!

Palm Desert Getaway: Holiday Inn Express - Honestly, Is This the Deal? (A Review That's Way Too Real)

Okay, buckle up. I just got back from a Palm Desert "Getaway" – emphasis on get and away, because frankly, I needed a serious break. And the lure? Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express deals, apparently. Now, I'm no travel blogger, but I'm a real person who desperately needed sunshine and a pool. So, here's the lowdown, warts and all. Let's dive into this…

Accessibility & "Getting In The Door" (Or Rather, Getting Around)

First impressions: The Holiday Inn Express looked accessible. (Wheelchair accessible) was checked. There's an elevator, thank god. And good signs of it being a Facilities for disabled guests. The car park [free of charge] was pretty easy to navigate, though I will say, finding a parking spot near the entrance felt like a treasure hunt at times. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property made me feel a LITTLE safer too. It's good they put the Security [24-hour] on site. And the 24-hour front desk is a godsend when you arrive at 2 AM because your flight was – surprise – delayed.

Internet, Glorious Internet (and the Price of Being Connected)

Listen. The internet. It's important. They proudly announce Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. Okay, cool. But let's be honest, sometimes "free Wi-Fi" is just code for "barely usable." The Internet access – wireless was… decent. Okay, fine. Pretty good actually. I got work done. Internet access – LAN? I didn't even bother. Who even uses LAN anymore? (Okay, maybe I’m showing my age). They also had Wi-Fi for special events. That's a nice touch, I guess, if you're planning a conference in Palm Desert.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, the World)

Here’s where things get interesting. Post-pandemic travel is a whole different beast. They touted Anti-viral cleaning products and Daily disinfection in common areas. I saw folks cleaning. They said they were using Professional-grade sanitizing services. The Room sanitization opt-out available is a thoughtful gesture, but honestly, I’m not sure who would opt out of that right now. They should be proud of themselves because I never saw anybody else at the hotel get sick! They also had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and thankfully, the Staff trained in safety protocol seemed to be doing their job. They had First aid kit as well. The Hot water linen and laundry washing gives me hope.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Because Calories Don't Count on Vacation, Right?)

Okay, the Breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was a Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Think: perfectly adequate, with all the usual suspects. Asian breakfast? Nope. I’m not sure. The Alternative meal arrangement was a nice gesture. They did have Coffee/tea in restaurant, which is essential for a caffeine-addict like myself. And the Breakfast takeaway service was handy for those early morning adventures. I did catch a glimpse of a Restaurant. The Snack bar was, well, a snack bar. They have Poolside bar, which is always a plus, however, the menu seems to be a bit off. Not even the best Salad in restaurant. They also had Room service [24-hour]. And a Coffee shop. I will say, the Bottle of water in the room was a lifesaver in that desert heat.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (And How I Totally Blew It)

Alright, this is where I messed up (and maybe where you shouldn’t!). They have a Swimming pool and a Swimming pool [outdoor]! Essential! I spent hours in that pool. Pure bliss. Pure, chlorine-induced bliss. I almost forgot the whole world. They have the Fitness center, which I intended to use… but honestly, the pool won. They also had a Spa and a Spa/sauna. They even tried to get me to do a Body scrub and a Body wrap. I'm not sure who I am, but apparently I'm not the body scrub type! They also had a Steamroom. I should've probably used the Gym/fitness more. I've heard you can do a Massage.

The Room Itself (Where I Spent Most of My Time)

The room was… well, it was a Holiday Inn Express room. But hey, it was clean. The Non-smoking rooms are a must. The Air conditioning worked, thank god. Daily housekeeping kept everything tidy, which was necessary… because, well, I'm not good at that. They have a Coffee/tea maker . The Refrigerator was perfect for chilling my celebratory rosé. They had a Bathrobes, which is always nice. They had a Shower. A Bathtub. A Hair dryer. The Free bottled water was a nice touch. They had a TV. The Alarm clock was a necessity. The Desk was alright. The Reading light was helpful. The Internet access – wireless was handy. However, the Mirror was a blessing and a curse. I also didn't try a thing like Couple's room. But the Extra long bed did entice me.

Services and Conveniences (The Practical Stuff)

They've got a Concierge. Helpful folk. Daily housekeeping. Also essential. Laundry service and even Dry cleaning, for those of you who are more sophisticated than I am. Luggage storage was clutch, and the Elevator was critical for lugging my suitcase. The Cash withdrawal was helpful.

For the Kids (Or, You Know, Other People’s Kids)

I don't have kids, but they seemed to have some Kids facilities and a Babysitting service. So, if you have kids, maybe it's good?

Getting Around (Or, How I Avoided Driving)

They have a Car park [free of charge]. The Taxi service seems to be around. They have Valet parking. They also have Airport transfer (score!).

The Verdict (Is It Worth It?)

Look, it's a Holiday Inn Express. You know what you're getting. It's not the Ritz. But it’s clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. And the pool? Pure, unadulterated joy. If you're looking for a no-frills, affordable getaway in Palm Desert, and you're cool with the standard Holiday Inn breakfast, then absolutely, yes.

My Recommendation: The BEST Time To Book and Get The BEST Deal!

And now for the "unbeatable deal" part. Let me be honest - I can't guarantee you a specific price. BUT, I can share a little secret:

  • Pro-Tip 1: Book in advance, but keep an eye on prices. I swear, I saw prices fluctuate like crazy! Check multiple booking sites (including the Holiday Inn Express website).
  • Pro-Tip 2: Look for packages. Sometimes, they'll include breakfast, parking, or even spa treatments thrown in.
  • Pro-Tip 3: Don't be afraid to call and ask! Tell them you saw an earlier deal, and maybe they can match it. The helpfulness of the staff could make or break your stay.

Final Thoughts:

Would I go back? Probably. Especially for a quick weekend escape. It was exactly what I needed. A place to chill, and a place to get away from it all. Is it perfect? Far from it! But it'll do.

So, go ahead. Book that Palm Desert getaway and enjoy. Just don't expect me to share my pool chair!

Durban's Dream Home: Casa On The Bluff Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, corporate-speak itinerary. This is a real person's potential Palm Desert disaster… uh, I mean, adventure. We're talking Holiday Inn Express + Suites Palm Desert, Millennium-by-IHG… sounds fancy, right? We'll see.

The "Getaway" Games: Palm Desert Mayhem Edition

Day 1: Arrival of the Tired & the Grumpy

  • 1:00 PM: LAX Madness. Officially, we're supposed to land, grab our bags, and head straight for the desert. HA! This is LA. The flight was delayed. Again. I swear, I'm developing a nervous twitch from staring at those departure boards. Anyway, finding the rental car… should be fun. Remember how I requested the convertible? Fingers crossed they haven't given it away. Seriously, if I'm stuck in a beige minivan, I'm gonna lose it.
  • 3:00 PM (ish): Finally, on the road! Navigating the 101 in the wrong direction. And there’s a car with a blown tire slowing down everything. Okay, deep breaths. Gotta keep reminding myself: desert, sunshine, cocktails… that's the goal.
  • 5:00 PM (hopefully): Check-in at the Holiday Inn Express. Let's just say my expectations are… tempered. I'm hoping for a clean bed, a working AC, and maybe, just maybe, a free cookie at the front desk. (Don’t judge, I'm weak for a free cookie). Oh, and please, dear god, no moldy smells.
  • 6:00 PM: Unpack. Discover the suitcase is filled with the wrong clothes. I just packed for a trip to the Arctic. Brilliant.
  • 7:00 PM: The pool. The promise of the pool is what's keeping me going. If that water is lukewarm and filled with screaming kids, I'm blaming whoever is in charge of the pool.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at some restaurant. "A casual bite" is the vague plan. We are so hungry that we could eat cardboard.

Day 2: Desert Dreams & Retail Therapy (Or, the Day I Became a Procrastinator)

  • 7:00 AM (Attempted): Wake up, drink coffee, and stare out the window. Sunshine, yay! My room has definitely not the best views. Probably a parking lot. Still, sunshine!
  • 8:00 AM (Likely): Okay, okay, breakfast. Free breakfast at the hotel, right? Don't get your hopes up. It's probably the same sad breakfast spread every Holiday Inn has: stale bagels, weak coffee, and maybe some sad, rubbery eggs. I will eat it with a smile. I will. (Maybe I should sneak some protein bars…)
  • 9:00 AM: First real, honest plan: the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Get elevated. Literally and figuratively. Take in the views. Get some fresh air. Feel like a functioning human.
  • 11:00 AM (ish): The tramway turns into a total cluster. "Oh, sorry, the lines are long. It's over a two-hour wait." The feeling of utter defeat.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Pizza? Sandwiches? We did not even care anymore.
  • 1:00 PM: Retail Therapy. The mall is calling. Maybe there's a store that sells happiness. Probably not. But window shopping can solve some problems.
  • 3:00 PM: I just realize, I'm not really doing anything I planned. I'm just a victim of the "well, we made it out" syndrome.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Another "casual bite."

Day 3: Desert Adventures - The Joshua Tree Debacle & Total Chaos

  • 8:00 AM: The desert is calling for a big, massive adventure. Joshua Tree National Park! This will be awesome. Right?
  • 9:00 AM: Packed the car, bought snacks, filled the water bottles. The sense of adventure, or maybe just the promise of the photos, is starting to kick in.
  • 11:00 AM: Okay, first stop: Cholla Cactus Garden. I keep a comfortable distance from these… things. The wind is picking up. Feels hot.
  • 1:00 PM: Lost somewhere. Stopped at the wrong spot. Getting a bit too close to a bunch of cacti. "Don't touch the cacti," I tell myself. But I didn't say anything about getting close.
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch. No, not that restaurant. We are just eating trail mix and drinking water. My mouth is starting to taste like dust.
  • 4:00 PM: The drive back to the hotel is quiet. We are trying to figure out how we got so off track.
  • 7:00 PM: The hotel pool. We are going to get our feet wet again.
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner, one last hurrah, before it's back to reality.

Day 4: Departure & The Aftermath

  • 8:00 AM: "Free" breakfast. Sigh.
  • 9:00 AM: Last chance to visit something. There is a little place. A little gallery. Okay, let's go.
  • 10:00 AM: So much shopping. Some actual gifts purchased. Okay, better than yesterday.
  • 12:00 PM: Checkout. I’m sure I left something. Let's not think about it.
  • 1:00 PM: Airport, LAX. This time, the trip home can be longer.

Final Thoughts:

So, Palm Desert. Did it live up to the hype? Well… maybe. It was a bit of a mess. The weather was great. I survived. I'm pretty sure I've got a sunburn. But hey, sometimes the best memories are made when things go a little sideways, right?

Escape to Paradise: JavaCove Beach Hotel, Pangandaran's Jewel

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Okay, so... Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert? That's it? Is there *anything* special about this? I mean, besides the obvious "cheap"?

Alright, alright, hold your horses. Yeah, Holiday Inn Express. Sounds glamorous, right? But listen, I went last year. My *mom* booked it, okay? She's all about "value." And honestly, Palm Desert is *expensive*. So, yeah, the "cheap" is a big selling point. But here's the thing: the pool. It's not the Bellagio fountain spectacular, mind you. Think basic rectangle. *But* it's consistently lukewarm, which is PERFECT after a day of sweating your face off browsing the outlets. They also have, dare I say, a *decent* continental breakfast. Don't get your hopes up for gourmet waffles, but the scrambled eggs… they were edible. Key word there. EDIBLE. Which, again, is a win when you're staring bankruptcy in the face after buying a pair of designer sunglasses you *absolutely* didn't need. (Don't judge! The sun was *blinding*). And the staff? Mostly friendly, like, genuinely trying-to-be-helpful-even-though-they've-heard-it-all-before friendly. So, yeah, it's not the Ritz. But it's clean, close to everything, and easy on the wallet. And that, friends, is sometimes all you need. Especially when you've blown your budget on a pair of shoes... and a fancy latte... and... okay, I'll stop now.

What's this "Unbeatable Deals" part about? Sounds like marketing BS to me. Spill the tea – what kind of discounts are we *actually* talking about?

Okay, okay, I get it. "Unbeatable Deals" sounds like something a used car salesman would shout. But, honestly, my mom… she's a bargain hunting ninja. She *loves* a good deal. And she found some kind of promotion. It was something about booking in advance and… honestly, I can’t remember the specifics. But let me tell you, it was significantly cheaper than other hotels. We're talking saving enough to actually *afford* that pair of sunglasses I mentioned. (Okay, *fine*, and maybe a new handbag. It was on sale!). The point is, she kept talking about some website and a special code… I think. Check those travel websites *religiously*. And maybe sign up for the Holiday Inn Express newsletter. (I know, I know, it's a newsletter. But trust me, my mom unearthed some serious savings). Check the fine print, read reviews. And be prepared to do a little digging. The deals are there, I swear! It’s a treasure hunt, really. Just, you know, for savings instead of gold doubloons.

The location, please! Specifically, how far away from, say, a super fancy restaurant and the outlet malls is this place? Because impulse shopping is a problem…

Oh, honey, the location is *perfect* for a shopaholic like yourself (or, ahem, *me*). The outlet malls? practically spitting distance. Like, you could almost *walk* there. (Don't, though, it's hot). Five minutes in the car, tops. And don't get me started on the proximity to all the cute boutiques! As for the fancy restaurants, well, Palm Desert *is* Palm Desert. They're everywhere. You walk out of the hotel, turn right. Drive a block. Another block. Okay, maybe like ten minutes max? Seriously, you can satisfy your need for retail therapy and your… ahem… acquired taste for fine dining all in one trip. Just remember to budget! Seriously. Before you go. I didn't, and I regret nothing. Except *maybe* those shoes. Okay, I’ll stop talking about the shoes now.

What's the parking situation? And are there any hidden fees I should watch out for? (My inner Scrooge is screaming…)

Okay, parking. This is important. Parking is *free*. Thank goodness! It's a big, expansive lot. Never had a problem! Though, sometimes it's a bit of a walk from your room, depending. But hey, more steps to balance out all those truffle fries you're going to eat, right? And the hidden fees... Now there is that silly resort fee. No getting around that. And, of course, you have to factor in things like taxes. But, yeah, unless you start racking up room service bills (which, let’s be honest, isn’t exactly what this place is known for), you should be pretty safe. Just read the fine print, like, REALLY read it. My mom… she’s a lawyer, so she can spot sneaky fees from a mile away. And she approved! So, you’re probably good. Just don't go crazy at the mini-mart. That's where they get you!

The *room*. Is it clean? Because nothing ruins a vacation faster than, you know, finding... things.

Okay, the room. This is going to sound weird, but I've got a specific memory burned into my brain. First time in Palm Desert, went with my best friend, and the room? It was *fine*. Clean, the bed was made, the bathroom was… adequate. No creepy crawlies that I recall. Buuut, one time? Last year? I was taking my mom's vacation, and I was using the iron – yeah, I'm a wrinkle fanatic, don't judge - and then I *hear* something. I turn around, and a tiny little, *absolutely adorable*, almost non-menacing scorpion is casually strolling across the carpet. I screamed. My mom, bless her heart, just looked at it, sighed, and *scooped it up in a paper cup to bring to the front desk*. Like it was a lost kitten! Anyway, the front desk staff were great about it, very apologetic, but... that experience forever changed my perspective. So, yeah, rooms are *generally* clean. But maybe bring a flashlight? Just in case. And maybe... if you *are* a wrinkle fanatic, pack a steamer instead of using the iron.

Breakfast. You mentioned it briefly. Tell me *everything*. Good, bad, the ugly! (Because, hey, free food...)

Alright, let's get down to brass tacks: the breakfast. Okay, it's not a Michelin-star experience, but it's *breakfast*. Free breakfast! And it’s enough to fill you up to go and spend some more money shopping and eating. The scrambled eggs are… well, they're eggs. They kinda look like eggs. They taste like… eggs. You get the idea. They have those tiny, pre-packaged muffins, the ones that always taste a little too sweet, and some sad-looking fruit. Cereal, of course. And the coffee? The coffee's... coffee. You may need to add about three packets of sugar. But hey, there's a waffle station! You make your own waffles! Which, even if they're slightly misshapen and you manage to burn the edges (guilty!), is a win. It gets you energized to go to the pool, and you are going to go to that pool. It's hot! Easy Hotel Hunt

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Palm Desert Millennium By IHG Palm Desert (CA) United States